It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
(female)

Anne522 HB User
Extensive Burning Pain

I have an internal burning pain/burning sensation throughout my body and I am desperate for help. The pain is from head to toe. Sometimes I even end up with bad headaches. I have benn suffering for a few years now and it's just getting worse. I had a total hysterectomy last year and my hormones are within range. I have a long term injury in one ankle/lower leg and it has never fully healed, remains swollen. Foot/ankle doctors just have me wearing compression stockings and orthotics. I walk fine. I am obese.

I have had hormone test, crp, tsh,t4, testosterone, cmp, cbc, ana test and all are within range. PCP just put me on presciption vitamins and he thinks I may have nerve irritation that is causing me all this burning pain. I had MRI about 18 mths ago, nothing found.

I feel so much burning pain and don't know what to do.

How can I get help? Does any of this type pain make sense or can anyone relate? It's hard to work and function.

Help, please.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Extensive Burning Pain

It sounds like nerve pain. Has your doctor tried you on any of the pain meds diesigned for nerve pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
(female)

Anne522 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibake&pray View Post
It sounds like nerve pain. Has your doctor tried you on any of the pain meds diesigned for nerve pain?
NO. I didn't know there were specifics meds to help with nerve pain. I sure could use something.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

There are several. Their primary use was for seizures, but it was found that the secondary use was for nerve pain control. One of the oldest is Neurontin. Topopmax ( which is also used for weight control), Lyrica is one of the newest ones. They all come with their own set of side effects, so that may be something that you might want to check out also.

Closed Thread