It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
(male)

Tobougg HB User
Chest pain etc

Hi there,

Im so afraid to post as my life is just a wreck at the moment due to this. it's hard for me to see a doctor because A) i owe $200 to him and B) I'm so anxious and i think there's something bad wrong with me, and i'm so afraid to go in.

I've been experiencing chest pain for months and months. It's not relieved by rest and doesnt seem to be cause by exercise, although i dont do much of that.
I work in a bar, it's not particularly busy so i'm quite lazy. I'm not overweight i dont think (probably around 11.5 or 12stone). I'm 5"9in, and i'm 29 years old. i pretty much walk around in work like 6 hours a day.. not sure if thats considered as exercise.
at the moment the pain is kind of like discomfort all across my chest and back.

I went to the doctor a few months ago (maybe 6 or more?) with high heart rate, palpitations etc. He did blood work on me and he said all of my internal organs etc seem to be fine, he said my blood pressure was ok ad my cholesterol was low.

I do drink frequently with friends a couple of times a week, i dont really eat properly due to being a barman, and i dont sleep at the right times.

i have noticed that i seem to be anxious alot due to all kinds of things, and i have had panic attacks so i'll give you my symptoms.

- Pain in left side of chest, pain in middle of back between shoulder blades, sometimes pain in right side of chest also, sometimes shoulder blades ache.
- When pressing in on my breast bone it's sore... havn't seen anything like this on the net.
- When i contort my body in certain ways like pushing my head down forwards it hurts my chest
- Sometimes the pain goes lower in my back, either side of my spine under the ribs cage.
- When i breathe deeply it hurts
- Alot of the time my heart beats hard
- Sometimes when i wake in the morning my chest and back are aching, but if i sleep on my couch (which is harder then my matress it doesn't seem to hurt as much the next morning).

- I dont sweat alot
- I dont get nauseous (like i hardly ever vomit, or feel like i need to vomit)
- I DO get dizzy and lightheaded sometimes when i havn't slept much or havn't eaten.

- I'll note that when i eat alot of food, my heart rate rises
- I'm pretty much always low on energy
- When i drink alot of alcohol My heart rate rises
- I always look pale

i know thats alot of info to take in but im tearing myself apart with worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Re: Chest pain etc

I get a few things out of this, first you admit you are anxious and have panic attacks, that alone can cause heart arrythmias, pain, weakness, dizziness, etc...to the point of even feeling angina (heart pain).

Also you note you are always pale, Anemia can be a culprit there, which could also lead to the strain on the heart.

Another thing that came to mind with the pressing on the chest and having pain would be a Costochondritis, basically an inflammation of the tissues connecting your ribs to your sternum.

Or it could be something else, but those are the big ones that come to mind with me, and the lack of sleep can really do a number on you as well.

I know you are nervous about the doctor but I would definitely recommend at least an EKG, just to make sure you don't have any unusual rhythms, but I bet trying to ease up your stress levels, maybe find a way to get better sleep, and check to see if you have anemia you may feel a lot better.

Hope this helps,
Liz

Old 11-10-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
(male)

Tobougg HB User

thanks for your help. ill have to go and do it.

does it sound to you at all like i have a heart condition? i keep worrying that it's either that or my kidneys or liver. ughh i hate worrying, woke up this morning here and still have the pain, it seems to move around.

i remember him saying in the doctors that i wasn't anemic, but maybe im causing this myself due to irratic sleeping hours and not eating correctly.

it's just its affecting everything, my mood, my confidence, etc

Old 11-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User

I do not know for sure, not being a doctor and whatnot, but I know I went through several tests when I thought I was having symptoms of heart attacks and ended up being nothing. Doctor told me to try to find ways to relax and be calm and it did ease a little, although I also have Fibromyalgia, so I tend to confuse my everyday pain for other things sometimes.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

You siad you get lightheaded and dizzy when you don't eat and you are pale and don't have engery. That' easy. You need to improve your diet. That alone will help with getting rid of the dizzyness and the lack of energy. When you don't eat right, you body has no fuel to run on...and alcohol isn't it. It needs protein complex carbs, fruits and veggies. You would see an improvement quickly. Cut out the booze also-it's wasted calories. Get decent sleep. And if you're not doing anything, it's not surprising that you aren't sweating.

If you suffer from anxiety attacks as it seems you do, that alone can cause your heart to pound and race, and for you to seem to be out of breath. It can also cause aches and pains all over your body. I don't think that there is anything wrong with your heart per say. ii do think that you need to learn how to get your anxiety under control. Once you can do that, you will find that your heart will quit racing and the pounding will stop also.

Good luck!

Closed Thread