It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Got both flu shots and all the hype is scaring me!

My family andmyself got both flu shots this year.NOw I'm scared from reading all the anti-vaccine stuff.IT's causing me to really flip out!PLease just post something positive about it. I had to get it my daughter got very I'll a few tears ago from type a influenza and her immune system attacked her,she was hospitalized and we thought shed die,she did not and recocvered.WE were told to always get the vaccines as a result.SO,we did but now I'm really scared and it only been 5 days and imscared of gullian barr......some encouraging words would be greaaaat.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
(female)

Lizardwoman85 HB User
Re: Got both flu shots and all the hype is scaring me!

Well I know I got the H1N1 vaccine a couple weeks ago and haven't had any side effects at all. I know at least a dozen people personally who have gotten both months ago and have had no side effects either. I did hear that one had an elderly relative who did have to be hospitalized, but it seems like I've heard waaay more good from them than bad. So I think you'll probably be fine. Obviously if you do get any side effects do go to the doctor though.

Best wishes,
Liz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itburns2004 View Post
My family andmyself got both flu shots this year.NOw I'm scared from reading all the anti-vaccine stuff.IT's causing me to really flip out!PLease just post something positive about it. I had to get it my daughter got very I'll a few tears ago from type a influenza and her immune system attacked her,she was hospitalized and we thought shed die,she did not and recocvered.WE were told to always get the vaccines as a result.SO,we did but now I'm really scared and it only been 5 days and imscared of gullian barr......some encouraging words would be greaaaat.
Thousands and thousands of people have gotten both vaccines and are fine. Because of your families high risk status it is better that you got the vaccine. Keep your family healthy by washing hands regularly, eating a variety of fresh fruits & veggies, get plenty of rest, and DONT STRESS. Stress is poison to the body and like the placebo effect has a way of bringing the body down to catch all kinds of things. You did the right thing and your family is protected and even if they catch the flu, it wont be as bad.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

Thank you..i wish more people were as positive!! It is really scary how people no longer trust anyone in the medical community at all. I think the USA is a great place to live an it makes no sense why so many people condem anyhing the government or medical community does to try and help..like this vaccine. I bet if they never even made the vaccine, and saw the other countries getting the vaccinations, all people would be crying and complaining just as much that they did not even try..i dont know. I am just waiting for a couple of weeks to pass and that my family is fine and then i can forget about this already. I think being educated is fine, but i think there is a reverse scare tactic out there now. I wish the cdc and glaxo would speak up, and even show people on like a 60 minute episode how vaccines are made in general. I would love that. I realized there are no quarantees. Ugh, still scared though, i just really had to get the vaccination.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Actually, I've seen several segments on how the vacine is made. Sorry you've missed them. One was on the Today Show and I know one was on the NBC evening news. The swine flu vacine is being made the same way all the flu vacines have been made for some time. In fact, had the swine (H1N1) flu hit earlier, it would have been included in the regular flu shot. Since it came on the scene too late for that production they have had to make it separately.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
(female)

alwaysonthago HB User

I am so sorry that so many people are believing what our government is saying- I have a SIX MO. OLD and its interesting b/c my family has been into "natural health" for years and years now but its funny that 3 different chiropractors that my family goes to has educated my family to ABSOLUTELY NOT vaccinate or use any method of radical health medicine (It is only a scam to MAKE MONEY and is sad that the majority of the USA are buying into that and not even doing their OWN research!!!!!)

I understand the scare of parents who go to a doctor and just want an easy relief from an illness and i hate to tell you this but sometimes there simply isn't one!!! If your child has a cold, THAT IS NORMAL! After they recover, they will have specific immunity to that cold strain. AND SAME GOES WITH THE DIFFERENT FLU STRAINS. The only way to be immune is to get them once and then you are immune from geting them again!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
(female)

alwaysonthago HB User

I'm so sorry that so many people are percieving these vaccines as good. If you are anything like me, I recieved ALL my vaccinations 22 years ago!!! Unfortunately it took my mother this long to realize that if she knew what she knows now theres no way in the universe that she'd have put my poor innocent body threw that! I push any parent to RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH

Old 11-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User

Guillan-Barré Syndrome risk from a flu vaccination is 1 in a million, if that. (Note that the flu itself or other infections could trigger Guillan-Barré Syndrome.)

The unvaccinated population in the US has a risk of death from the flu of about 1 in 6,000 and a risk of flu problems requiring hospitalization of about 1 in 1,000. If the flu vaccine is 70-90% effective, then the risk is reduced to about 1 in 18,000 to 60,000 for death from the flu and 1 in 3,000 to 10,000 for flu problems requiring hospitalization.

There are no guarantees, and the vaccine is not risk-free, but the reduction of risk of death or serious problems from the vaccine is orders of magnitude greater than the risks of serious problems associated with the vaccine.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

point08 HB User

Unless of course you are the one in a million.

Closed Thread