It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
(male)

stevehoward HB User
can't stop throwing up

Friday night I made the mistake of drinking too fast. I would guess it was approximately 6 shots of Brandy in 20 minutes. I usually don't ever drink so that is why I drank too much because I had no idea how much alcohol that really was. so that was a really terrible idea / bad choice on my part.

I threw up pretty quickly after that I'm guessing but then fell asleep and only had a slight hangover when I woke up at first. Then a few hours after waking up (this is at 7AM) I started throwing up really bad. I would throw up five to six times, lay back down and then throw up again every 20-40 minutes. Whenever I stopped I would shake and shiver really violently on every part of my body, having cold and hot sweats. A lot of the time I was throwing up mucus. This pattern finally ended that afternoon and I started feeling good again. I went from Saturday afternoon to Sunday night without problems and then last night it started again. It wasn't as frequent as before but now diarrhea has come into the mix. It's 10:30 monday morning and Im feeling fine again but I can't help but think there is something seriously wrong.

Last edited by stevehoward; 11-16-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: can't stop throwing up

I'm surprised you've lived to tell about it. Your body is trying to rid itself of all the alcohol toxicity from the excess brandy. It also is high in sugar content. All of which should have given you a killer hangover. You're just going to have to wait for your body to purge itself. I'd eat light for a few days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
(male)

stevehoward HB User

is that all, just eat light? could it be a bigger problem?

Old 11-16-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

This sounds very normal to me. If you start to feel WORSE, then I'd go to the doctor to make sure everything is okay. Likely, your stomach is just still trying to get settled since it was pretty upset. I know I had a night not too long ago where I don't remember anything and felt VERY felt the next day. I know I threw up about 20 times the next day and would dry heave or threw up bile after my stomach was empty.

Definitely be careful with what you eat and drink. Even water makes me throw up at times, so I tried some Sprite or ginger ale. It seemed to help and your body needs to stay well hydrated with all the vomiting. I ate a lot of carbs the next day. I would just eat a few bites every now and then as my stomach could tolerate it. After lots of drinking, I know I feel bad for more than just a day. Just definitely slow things down next time around! A friend of mine drank a full bottle of rum the other night and we had to call 911 because he would go in and out and stop breathing, and even got very violent when he was conscious. He doesn't remember a thing. We are just thankful he is okay! It's scary how things can turn bad from drinking too much or too fast. Be careful!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, the uncontrolled drinking is a problem but I seriously doubt you've done yourself any permanent damage at this point. The next time you're tempted to pull one of these, remember the last 48 hours - that should stop you.

Closed Thread