It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

mochi* HB Usermochi* HB User
Question Exreme hunger and fatigue! What is my problem?!

Hello,

I am not entirely sure what to write here, and I know I should probably go to a Dr. but I find they tend to tell me I am fine and send me on my way with barely having looked at me.

Anyways, I guess I should give you some background: I am a 29 year old woman, I am very thin and tall, naturally. I eat and eat but have the metabolism of a furnace, so not much sticks. I am also fairly active, walk and bike a lot, but nothing extreme.
I have always been thin, and have always eaten more then most people, simply because I am hungry more often and it takes more to fill me up. It's a blessing and a curse I guess, because when I do not eat "on time" I will crash and can get very irritable and confused, and reach exhaustion pretty rapidly. It depends on the day, but usually I am hungry, or at least need a big snack every 3-5 hours.
I have a pretty serious history of anxiety and depression as well, and had a really rough bout the last two years, though am doing leaps and bounds better now since I started SSRI'S.
I am not sure if there is a direct correlation between my appetite and my tendency towards anxiety.
Anyways, my concern is that recently I have been working a VERY stressful and demanding (LOOOOONG hours) job, and I find that I am hungry even more often than usual. I am practically insatiable some days. It';s very annoying. And yesterday, when I failed to eat a really big lunch (but I ate a decent amount) and I was on little sleep because I had stayed out late the evening before, I ended up getting very emotional and disoriented at the end of the day (it was an especially stressful day and I had a very unpleasant meeting with my boss) afterward, I fell into some sort of exhaustion, could not stop crying for a while (unlike me to do in front of others) came home, ate a bowl of chili, lots of chips and a banana and STILL felt like my stomach was a hollow, bottomless pit. I was simeltanously wired and utterly exhausted, my mind was racing, but I couldn't thinnk straight (again, I did only sleep 5 hours the night prior, and had worked a very stressful 10 hour day) I went to bed a little later than I should have, slept for 10 hours, and still felt totally wrecked in the morning, I was so exhausted STILL!! And then I ate, went out for a bit, came home a few hours later and needed to rest AGAIN, I slept another two hours, and woke up starving. I ate three pieces of pizza, a salad, some chocolate, and some other odds and ends AND I AM STILL HUNGRY!!!! On top of it I am still very, very sleepy and just want to go to bed. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
iS THIS hypoglycemia? Is it adrenal exhaustion> I am under a lot of stress at work, and have been since I began the job 4 motnhs ago. It seems to exacerbate my hunger and need for sleep...but it was definitely an issuse before. I guess what I am saying is, if I skip a meal, or get too little sleep, it takes me at least an entire day to recover, whereas most people my age seem to be able to bounce-back pretty easily. So, what is going on> I don;t think lack of sleep for one night and some stress should send my body into such a tailspin.
Any comments or ideas much apprecaited! THANK YOU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
(female)

hmj211 HB User
Re: Exreme hunger and fatigue! What is my problem?!

Have you ever been tested for thyroid disorder, or had your blood sugar levels tested (maybe a fasting blood test)?

Write down your symptoms and tell your primary care provider

Old 01-13-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
(male)

leopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB Userleopard777 HB User
Re: Exreme hunger and fatigue! What is my problem?!

Hi mochi,
You say you eat and eat,
but do you eat three times a day.
Always at the same time. And good food made of real fruits vegetable patatoes eeggs.
It's very important to eat always at the same time.
eating lunch monday at 1 pm.And tuesday at 3 pm deragulate the apetite.
eating between meals is bad for your health.
Eh i don't know you may be it's not your case.

see you

Closed Thread