It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
(male)

Thecrazy HB User
Nausea, headaches, flu symptoms everyday!!

I have had back problems for several years and recently had an MRI done to discover a syrinx in my spinal cord from the T5-T11. I have no chiari but an incidental discovery was a paralingial (sic) cyst in my throat. The ENT wanted to do a biopsy but after he called the surgeon, he said it was too deep for a biopsy. ENT said just come back in 3 months for follow up.
After saying that, I used to have bad neck sweats for several years until the past few months they just stopped. several years ago I used to get thrush once a year and now have progressed to about 6 times this year. I have a nerve in the back right of my head that is irritating me that usually causes daily headaches whereas no asparin of any kind will get rid of it. I have swollen throat glands nearly everyday. My throat feels like it's on fire I was recently prescribed Nexium to stop it. My back feels like i'm going through a severe case of the flu. Extreme soreness and tenderness. My lower back aches all the time and can't do anything to help out around the house. I usually have energy in the morning that tapers off to fatigue around noon and feel so tired I need to take a nap just to make it through the day. I recently started having an ear ache in the right side for about 3 weeks.
The neurosurgeon won't operate on the syrinx stating "he's seen worse." The ENT won't biopsy stating "it's too deep in the neck." Does anybody know what tests I should be asking for? Am I dealing with a bunch of crappy doctors? I'd really appreciate some advice at this point.
Oh yea, the only medication I'm on besides Nexium is Lortab (1 pill every 12 hrs). I'm 34, white male, average build and exercise about 6 hours a week. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, fatigue, headaches, syrinx, throat cyst