It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
(male)

kselva HB User
flu->walking pneumonia/resp. infection -> weeks of fatigue(extreme)

Has anyone had or heard of someone who has had severe fatigue after going through the flu (and possible a resperatory infection after that). I am experiencing extreme fatigue, muscle aches/spasms/pain and lightheadedness for 7 weeks since going through flu and 2 weeks of walking pneumonia (treated after the 2 weeks with Zpack/azithromycin.. cleared lungs up). I am not talking about feeling tired, but rather extreme fatigue (e.g. Id force myself up in the morning and drive somewhere and by the end of the ride Id be so tired that Id have to take a long rest right there in drivers seat). The problem with these symtoms is convicing my doctor that I am really really fatigued not just the general fatigue after sickness.

Last edited by kselva; 11-30-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
(female)

fudger220 HB User
Re: flu->walking pneumonia/resp. infection -> weeks of fatigue(extreme)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kselva View Post
Has anyone had or heard of someone who has had severe fatigue after going through the flu (and possible a resperatory infection after that). I am experiencing extreme fatigue, muscle aches/spasms/pain and lightheadedness for 7 weeks since going through flu and 2 weeks of walking pneumonia (treated after the 2 weeks with Zpack/azithromycin.. cleared lungs up). I am not talking about feeling tired, but rather extreme fatigue (e.g. Id force myself up in the morning and drive somewhere and by the end of the ride Id be so tired that Id have to take a long rest right there in drivers seat). The problem with these symtoms is convicing my doctor that I am really really fatigued not just the general fatigue after sickness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
(female)

fudger220 HB User

Hi
I am going into week 5 with flu symptoms. After visiting the doctors several times he says i have post viral fatigue. To me it still feels like I have the worst flu in the world and i have only been out of bed in the last few weeks to make a drink and have something to eat. I am with you on the terrible fatigue, i have to lie down after everything i do because i am so exhausted. My muscles ache all the time which is starting to make me feel quiet sick. I am on max pain killers everyday to try and ease the pain and i have just read a very depressing book about chronic fatique and how it affects the body for a very long time. I hope to god that this is going to pass and just the after effects of the flu. Let me know if you are any better or have come up with some miracle cure. Its very damm frustrating!!!

Old 12-31-2009, 04:43 AM   #4
(female)

fudger220 HB User

I am on the 7th week now with the same symptoms. Please could you reply and let me know if you are now better??? and how long it took you in the end/?
many thanks

Closed Thread