It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

mmmrah HB User
Unhappy Help?

Hi,

I'm 16 and don't know what to do.
Last year, around this time I went to the doctor for fatigue, he diagnosed me with hypotension, which he said, i couldn't do anything about.
This past couple months it's been getting pretty bad, i've been missing at least one out of five days of school a week because i'm so tired. I know i'm a teenager and i'm growing but it's become a bit much.
My bones and muscles (especially in my shoulders and arms) have been frequently hurting, i've been loosing weight (I went from 97 pounds earlier this week to 91 pounds as of today), loss of appetite (basically no motive to eat anything, sometimes the thought of food makes me feel sick), i've been getting strange sharp pains in random places like under my ribs, also i few weeks ago i had a strange head rush, and i felt really dizzy (this happens a few times a month). I also have a strange bump in the bottom of my earlobe (which might just be a cyst or something)
I don't know if it's bad enough to go to the doctor just yet because I can't pin point anything extremely painful.

If it is just a result of hypotension, is there anything i could do do raise my bloodpressure?

Old 12-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
(female)

mmmrah HB User
Re: Help?

anyone?? anything??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Help?

Yes, orthostatic hypotension is treatable, if that is what you have, you could also be anemic. I'd go back to the doctor (or find another) and explain about the new symptoms. (worsening fatigue, pains, weight loss)

Treatment for hypo depends on what type it is, I have neurally mediated hypotension and I'm careful not to stand too long, not to jump up out of bed and to get enough salt in my diet. Your symptoms sound like anemia to me but I'm no doctor. You'll have to get a blood test to find out.

Here's two info pages, one on the different types of hypotension and another on iron deficency anemia:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007278.htm

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000584.htm

I hope you feel better!

Closed Thread