It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
(male)

chessman305 HB User
Disappearing libido & change in bathroom habits?

I am a 23 y/o male. Since June I've had a significant decrease in my libido. Around August I started experiencing constipation / diarrhea and fatigue. The diarrhea isn't watery, but softer than normal and often really thin in shape. Since then, I've probably had one bowel movement that I would consider normal.

My doctor had me do a couple of blood tests and everything showed up normal but I am still extremely tired and experiencing the change in bathroom habits. Again, this has been going on since August.

I was referred me to a GI and he scheduled me for a endoscopy to look at my stomach and also a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy was a couple of days ago and everything was normal.

I am concerned that I may have HIV. I did perform oral sex on a girl around June that I did not really know but was a friend of a friend. At this time I was already experiencing the low libido. I recently asked my friend to ask her and she denied having HIV. Other than that there is really no other way I could have logically contacted it. Is it possible for me to have HIV symptoms and have them last this long? I have had the change in bathroom habits since August and did get flu like symptoms (sore throat, fever, cough), but that was a month later. I also have what looks to be a rash on my upper chest, but this could also be acne.

If it isn't HIV, what could it possibly be? I don't understand why my libido just disappeared over night. And how can I have had constipation / diarrhea for this long and have the colonoscopy show nothing? Thanks for reading

Last edited by chessman305; 12-03-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
(male)

JD57 HB User
Re: Disappearing libido & change in bathroom habits?

I think you need to improve your diet. Get lots of fiber and take
a multi-vitamin and a B-complex vitamin every morning.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
(male)

chessman305 HB User
Re: Disappearing libido & change in bathroom habits?

I think you may be right. I tend to get really worked up these type of situations and start convincing myself I have an illness that I don't. I didn't mention this in my post, but since February of last year I have lost around 70 lbs. Since February I have probably only been consuming 1500 calories a day, plus working out 5-6 days a week. I have also been taking creatine daily which some people swear effects their libido. For the next 4 weeks I am going to try consuming 2300-2500 calories a day, reduce workouts to 3 times a week and stop using creatine.

Closed Thread