It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
(male)

tugby HB User
Feeling very sick

Since yesterday, I've been feeling very poorly. I have a pretty hot temperature. And I am constantly feeling nausea, but never actually vomited. I also have a bit of phlegm occasionally. I've been feeling cold (shivering) and sometimes hot and sweating. Just a few minutes ago, and I know this sounds disgusting, I just had some terrible diarrhea where it was almost like after passing a faeces some liquid came out. Please can I have a response ASAP, its exam week soon and I cannot afford to miss it!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Feeling very sick

HI there! You probably have the 24 to 48 hour stomach bug/flu. I had this a week ago with the very same symptoms. Slight fever, hot/cold chills, diarrea...etc...It will pass in a day or two. Push the fluids! Gatorade and water. I am sure you will be fine. If you are worse then go to the doctor. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
(male)

klau123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEdds83 View Post
HI there! You probably have the 24 to 48 hour stomach bug/flu. I had this a week ago with the very same symptoms. Slight fever, hot/cold chills, diarrea...etc...It will pass in a day or two. Push the fluids! Gatorade and water. I am sure you will be fine. If you are worse then go to the doctor. Good luck!
I agree

Old 12-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
(male)

tugby HB User

Thanks for the message. I do have a feeling it is Gastroenteritis that I am suffering with here, looking at the symptoms being described.
But, you said 24-48 hours and yet I am still suffering with it. I do however, feel better than I was in the first two days (I feel more active, stomach pains aren't so painful). But, I am still getting symptoms especially the very liquidy diarrhea which in fact doesn't even look like a faeces anymore (It is a complete liquid). I am also still occasionally getting these pains in my stomach, not nausea anymore, but more a rumbling in my stomach quite often. I've also noticed that after drinking Water, that I am burping an awful lot.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:48 AM   #5
(female)

rese486 HB User

Hi Tugby

Your doctor can verify the cause but until then, make sure you're resting and not exerting yourself so that your body is able to put all its energy into fighting this. You might want to try electrolytes to replace depleted salts and minerals. Keep food intake to a minimum and liquid intake very high. Dont try to supress any symptoms, just keep hydrated and you'll be good in no time

Closed Thread