It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

Jlhn7856 HB User
Can you have more skin on one side?

This is an odd question my wife wanted me to post. Her question is, are both sides of the neck the same? She feels that one side has more skin on it thus giving her more wrinkles. Nothing hurts and it doesn't appear to be swollen or anything like that, but she just noticed that when she tilts her head to one side and then the other, that one side looked "puffier" (her words) So, can one side have more skin than the other?

She has been saying that when she pushed on her earlobe on the side that seems larger, she can hear water in her ear which I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. Anyway, I posted this question for her and if anyone has any insight that could put her to ease, that would greatly be appreciated as she does tend to worry. Thanks and have a great week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Can you have more skin on one side?

is it normal? yes! Probably what it is, is her neck structure is asymmetrical therefore her skin feels looser on one side than the other. As for the fluid in the ear, if that continues she may want to see an ENT to find out the reason, but as long as her ear doesn't hurt or her balance is ok then it's probably nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread