It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Hamilton92 HB UserHamilton92 HB User
I think I might have asthma

I have been having shortness of breath on and off for about a year now. . I I am a 35 year old female, I am in decent physical health. It started last winter when I had to chase down my dog and after running about 3 blocks, when I walked in the front door with him, I was a bit short of breath but not bad but then my whole upper chest became tight and I couldnn't catch my breath. I felt like I was gasping for air.
Now climbing stairs, or sometimes not doing anything at all I will become breathless, sometimes it is severe other times it is mild like I just went for a jog or something. I get pains in my upper back and shoulder blade area. That area of my back is always tense anyways.
I went to the doctor a couple of months ago and he put me on Celexa for my anxiety, I have panic attacks sometimes but I've never been short of breath when I've had a panic attack so I don't know if that is the cause or not.
He told me to come back if I was still experiencing shortness of breath. For my job I have to run errands outside of the company, upon walking in a building on one of my errands I could feel my stomach muscles contract and I got that pain in my shoulder blades, followed by it tightening up and I got short of breath. I went to the restroom and waited it out. When I do get short of breath it usually lasts about 5 minutes or so they I go back to normal like nothing was ever wrong. Could this be asthma or my nerves and anxiety? I go back to see my doctor Jan. 4.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I think I might have asthma

Could be either. What kind of doctor are you seeing?

Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

friendsville HB User

I take Lorazepam for my anxiety.It was not habit forming for me,(the stumbling block,it seems). 22 million prescriptions were written last year,per AARP,Oct.issue.
Thats good enough for me. You deserve better. Bill

Old 12-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
(male)

klau123 HB User

That's very sad to hear

Closed Thread