It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Annoying coughing

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Dark Stranger
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Annoying coughing

I'm really not sure what I have, but it's starting to get on my nerves. Out of nowhere, I woke up with a very bad sore throat, chills, a low fever, and a cough on Wednesday morning. Chills lasted a couple days and disappeared, and fever went away after about a day. Sore throat is noticeable when I wake up, but is mostly gone during the day. I also feel some slight fatigue, but nothing that totally wipes out my energy like the flu does.

The coughing is the biggest problem. It began as a dry cough, but became a wet cough, and it's causing me chest pain; thankfully, it is not keeping me awake at night. I'm currently taking Robitussin and eating cough drops like they're candy to try and help keep the cough in check (since I am unable to see a doctor - no insurance).

I'm fairly sure I have bronchitis, judging by the way the cough sounds. And I know this will go away on it's own in a couple weeks. Is there anything else I can do to help lessen the effects of the cough at home? I have been drinking water to stay hydrated and loosen up the mucous too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread