It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

fioricet + insomnia

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
bpbeelen
(male)

bpbeelen HB User
fioricet + insomnia

fioricet + insomnia
I've been taking fioricet for tension headaches for a week now. At first I would take it 3 times daily, but the past two days I've taken it twice daily. Anyway the past 2 nights I could not sleep AT ALL. Sunday morning I slept from 7 to 11 am, but Monday night/this morning I literally could not fall asleep for more than a few minutes and then wake up again. I've been trying to catch up on sleep all day but the same thing is happening. Also for the few minutes that I do fall asleep I'm always dreaming, it's weird.

I went to the ER at about 7 am because I was having involuntary muscle movement, nothing too severe. This disappeared quickly and the doctor said brief episodes of this nature can happen with fioricet. He recommended that I stop using it, and I'm glad because I think its been causing my insomnia. I feel strange though. Is withdrawing from this stuff really difficult?

I feel like I'm never going to be able to sleep peacefully. What can I do?

Also I've had a CTscan and they found no abnormalities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
feelbad
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: fioricet + insomnia

you should be just fine since you were not actually taking alot when you decided to stop. the one thing they should have told you about this particular med is that it just DOES contain caffiene in it, so taking it before bed can have its problems. maybe your doc can rx something a bit better for your headaches? **

Closed Thread