It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
(male)

jcasti1226 HB User
Food Poisoning , flu or heart disease Please help!!!

Hi all, I just turned 27 years old last December. Five Days a go I haven’t been feeling right. Everything started on Sunday night where I had local burgers with some friends.

On Sunday night I felt my pulse going fast and after a while it normalized and I felt a sleep perfectly well. On Monday I had this burning sensation on lower center bottom of my chess where the V starts, I also felt acid coming from my stomach and I was not hungry that day so I ate very little. I went four times to the bathroom and I saw the food was semi digested. I felt my face and head hot while I was under an Air Condition office, I felt cold and later hot. After lunch break I felt my pulse going fast and I kind of felt my blood pressure high and after while everything was normal.

On the following day (Tuesday) I started to feel flu symptoms, diarrhea and I had a sore throat, nose mucus segregation and coughing with mucus. I continue not being hungry and I had the slight burning sensation on my chess and now on my back.

On Friday morning when I had breakfast I felt my pulse going fast and my blood pressure climb I felt with no strength and I could feel my heart beating on my neck and stomach after a while this stop and I had lunch I had the same symptoms and that’s where I panic and I ran to the closet hospital. There at the Emergency room the doc found I had my blood pressure high and after I calmed down it went down and so did my heart rate. Later I went to a cardiologist and he ran an Electro-Cardiogram and it didn’t show any anomalies. So he said not to worry and prescribe muscle relief pills and sent me home.

I felt more confident but I really want to know if this is some kind of food poisoning, flu symptoms or I should be worried and go back to the doctor for more tests?
On my personal profile, I’m someone that does 30 mins work out a day by commuting to work - home on foot and sometimes extend the work on the treadmill by 45 mins. I don't get tired climbing stairs, I rarely have a headaches perhaps one or two on the entire year. I hardly eat fast food I usually eat home made food that is done in the healthiest way.
Please help I’m very scared and praying every night for the best.

Juan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User
Re: Food Poisoning , flu or heart disease Please help!!!

Im not a doctor but i do deal with people in a emergency setting. It sounds like flu. Flu can cause all of the above.. you can feel better about it not being the heart because you have seen a doctor who did an ECG which came back clear, tho heart rhythms can come and go.

If you do get worse or develop more systems do go back to the Hospital or call 999/911

Old 01-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
(male)

jcasti1226 HB User

Thanks guys,

This has been the scared of my entire life, today its saturday and i feel much better than yesterday (friday) the home made food i ate didn't cause the same as two days before. For the most honesty i have never felt this way ever in my entire life.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Diverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB UserDiverdan8 HB User

Glad you feel alot better

Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
(male)

jcasti1226 HB User

What’s up guys?
I thought of you giving you guys a little update on myself.
On the following week after I posted my health condition here I decided to go and consult a general medicine doctor. I explained to him in detail what happened and he sent me to do a battery of test which was:

• Electrocardiogram.
• Echocardiogram.
• Stress Test.
• Hulter Map.
• Thorax X-ray.
• Complete abdominal sonography.
• Stool Culture (3 day example done once each day).
• Urine Test.
• Urine Culture.
• Blood Test:
a) Hemogram.
b) Cholesterol.
c) Triode (TSH, T3 and T4 Free).
d) Liver Panel.
e) Eritrosedimentation.
• Triode Sonography

To my surprise all the test came out normal expect Eritosedimentation (ten points higher than normal) and triode sonagraphy which showed I have a small 1.3 x1.4 mm nodule on my left side. The Doctor told me that it’s a very common to have one or two nodules of this size (many people are born with it) but I have to do a gamagraphy of my triode to determine what kind of nodule is it just to have security that won’t post further threats. My Doctor didn’t prescribe any medication or more test, he just asked “If there something in body you feel in discomfort like if there something that is swollen ? ” I told him about my muscle pain on back and chess but at the time I saw him most of the discomfort had gone away. So he said to me “Not to worry for the looks of it you in good health condition expect the for the triode nodule” and he wished me good luck and sent me home.
I have regained my appetite but not my stool cycle, I used to go to the bathroom 3 times a days and now I only do twice. My Stool some days is normal and some are not. Yesterday I saw it yellow with no smell and pulverized and today it looked and smelled normal. Also I hear my intestine doing music from time to time.

I should I be concern about this and run back to the doctor or I should wait a couple of days and see if everything goes away? My other concern is that the doctor couldn’t tell me what really went wrong and why I felt that way.

Closed Thread

Tags
flu, flu symptoms