It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

fuengirola HB User
Meningitis in May 09 and havent felt right since

Hello, I had meningitis in May last year and had problems ever since. I donít know if itís related. On a daily basis I get a lack of mental focus (cloudy mind), dizzy spells and my memory is getting extremely poor aswell as a strange feeling in my head, feels like a pressure but my doctor checked my eyes and there is no pressure. Iíve been given pain relief tablets which she seemed to think would help but nothing seems to. I used to have a very focused mind and good memory, i'm only 29 and getting understandably concerned about this as you can imagine.
I eat very well and go to the gym everyday and workout for a good hour. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Meningitis in May 09 and havent felt right since

have you ever been back to see who i am assuming would be the neurologist in charge of treating your menengitis back then for a follow up eval type of thing? was there any sort of actual follow up types of testing done on your brain after it cleared just to make certain that everything was just back to 'normal' up there in your brain? if you do not actually have a neuro or you do have that one from the original condition who was in charge of your care, ask your primary to simply refer you back to that neuro or to a new one just to have an eval and some real testing done on your brain too? just having that basic neuro eval done by an actual neurologist or neurosurgeon is VERY very different from getting it done from any type of primary. these docs just know what TO actually test(this is the hands on testing) and what any given response to the test should be when everything is just okay within our brains. this alone could indicate a possible issue that was never addressed or was never found becasue of lack of good follow up on the neuros part? but do get to a good neuro soon.

this could be totally 'normal' for what you just had(and just may take some time to play itself fully out) or it could be something else entirely. you just wont really know that until you have yourself fully evaled and the possible other types of brain testing done too, ya know? just ask to get to a good neuro right now from your primary. please keep me posted. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread