It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

hawaiianmoon HB User
What causes sore eyes?

I'm wondering when I have a headache, what causes my eyes to be sore? It almost feels like my headache is in my eyes if that makes sense.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: What causes sore eyes?

Very well could be eye strain. You might get your vision checked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
(male)

Aguy44 HB User

Keep track of the days you have headaches, and time out the longevity of pain for a few weeks, then take that info to your doctor. Headaches increase the pressure in the skull, and that pressure affects the eyes too. But if it happens often, you may have an aneurysm in your brain, and that is dangerous - and, at times, fatal. Follow the script, and check it out!

Old 02-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #4
(female)

hawaiianmoon HB User

Well I will say that I am legally blind in one eye thus having two different visions. They eye Dr. told me that my good eye compensates for the bad one. I can see things if I close my good eye, just not that well. My allergies have been all over the map because our weather just goes from one extreme to another and I have chronic neck pain. I just didn't know what would cause the actual "eyes" to hurt at times other than eye strain.

Last edited by hawaiianmoon; 02-13-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #5
(female)

Lotsadogs HB User

Have you tried saline eye drops?? Especially drops for moderately dry eyes. After a lot of reading or computer work my eyes also feel scratchy and dry - kind of like they are hot and swollen. I use drops for moderately dry eyes during the day and at night, just before going to bed, I use gel drops for severe dry eyes. You can also use warm compresses on your eyes which encourages circulation in that area and brings some comfort.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
(female)

hawaiianmoon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsadogs View Post
Have you tried saline eye drops?? Especially drops for moderately dry eyes. After a lot of reading or computer work my eyes also feel scratchy and dry - kind of like they are hot and swollen. I use drops for moderately dry eyes during the day and at night, just before going to bed, I use gel drops for severe dry eyes. You can also use warm compresses on your eyes which encourages circulation in that area and brings some comfort.
No, my eyes don't burn or feel dry. It's as if I push on the eye itself, it will feel a little tender and if I get a headache, it feels like it's in one eye like above my eyebrow.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
(female)

Lotsadogs HB User

I would NOT push on my eye - ever. Particularly since you only have one good eye. Above the eyebrow there are sinus cavities which may be inflammed. Do a search on the computer to locate where your sinus cavities are located above your eyebrows and you can try expressing them. Allergies can cause a whole lot of discomfort, especially in the eye area. You may need an antibiotic if you have an infection in the sinuses. You could try using cool compresses to give your eyes some relief.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
(female)

CDG2009 HB User

As a licensed massage therapist, I can tell you that there are a lot of muscles in your head and around your eyes that can get tight and sore when you have a tension headache. Since you have a lot of neck pain, I'd guess that your headaches are tension headaches primarily caused by stress and bad posture. Try massaging the area around your eyebrows and temples when you get a headache and see if that helps.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:59 PM   #9
(female)

CDG2009 HB User

I also agree with the post above- sinus pressure could also be the culprit, which would also benefit from massage around the eyebrows. And a cold compress would definitely help.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #10
(female)

faith41 HB User

I'm thinking you may have a sinus infection. My eye hurts when I have one occasionally. Please see your doctor.

Closed Thread