It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
(male)

jamesc2 HB User
Unhappy Arm Twitching/Spasm Causes?

I started about a month ago having this twitch/spasm in my left forearm just below my elbow while trying to sleep. It lasted two hours. For the next few weeks I still had spasms during the day but only lasting a few seconds and very few times a day.

Now in the last four days it has gotten worse when trying to sleep. No sooner than I try to lay down it starts. About one twitch a second. Lasting about 10 - 20 minutes and then just quits. I have had some weakness in that arm when it first started but it went away after a week or so.

This morning for example I have some pain in the upper part of my arm. Pain or weakness is rare. I have no clue what this is and no other part of my body twitches other than my thumb every now and then in my left hand, which I think is related to whatever happening in my forearm.

Id like to list some of my recent history to maybe give some clues?:

1.) Around the time this started I was playing drums. I had a sharp tingly feeling go through my thumb and I kept playing and eventually had to quit. Now if I rub my wrist (about where you check your pulse) it sends that tingly/numb feeling through my thumb. This all started maybe 2 - 4 days after I quit playing drums.

2.) Rarely any pain or weakness.

3.) Been almost a month now.

4.) I dont work out.

5.) Twitching/Spasm worse at when trying to sleep.

6.) Tapping the muscle that is twitching seems to make it quit sometimes.

I havent went to the doctor because from what I read they usually shrug it off and cant afford the time off. Any clues or opinions are greatly appreciated!

- James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread