It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User
Feeling sick after eating carbs

I have no idea when it started...but sometime within the past 5 months or so probably....and it's started to get worse within the past month or two...but carbs make me feel sick. After eating them, I feel kind of nauseous, and tired, and generally just blah.

Any ideas as to why this might be? What can I do about it?

I have tried eating less carbs, but it's very difficult because I'm a super picky eater...and most of what I like is fairly carb heavy. In terms of meat, I only eat chicken and turkey (and sometimes shrimp, but we don't have that at school anyway so)...yeah.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User
Re: Feeling sick after eating carbs

Perhaps you have developed an intolerance to gluten...which is in a lot of carbs (breads, pasta, cereals, snacks, etc.). There is a blood test that can be done to test for Celiac disease (gluten intolerance).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User

I'm going home in 2 weeks, so I can go to the doctor then. (I'm in college, and going to the campus health center is basically pointless unless you want antibiotics).

Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

People who are either Diabetic or have Insulin Resistance frequently have all kinds of nasty symptoms from eating meals, or drinks, with too many carbs. Since each of us is different, "too many carbs" means different things to different people.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
People who are either Diabetic or have Insulin Resistance frequently have all kinds of nasty symptoms from eating meals, or drinks, with too many carbs. Since each of us is different, "too many carbs" means different things to different people.
Well...to my knowledge, I am neither diabetic nor do I have insulin resistance. I was checked for diabetes not more than a year and a half ago and they said all was fine.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyou009 View Post
Well...to my knowledge, I am neither diabetic nor do I have insulin resistance.
It's good that you are not Insulin Resistant or diabetic. I self-diagnosed myself as being Insulin Resistant back in 2004. I was having major health problems after eating carbs. I learned that I had to significantly limit my carbs with each meal, and over the entire day.

Since then, my health has improved significantly, through diet and exercise. I am now able to include more carbs in my diet, without any ill effects.

Best of luck finding out why carbs make you sick.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 03-20-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

missyou009 HB User

Hmmm...I don't know. I ate rice and beans w/chicken for lunch today and felt fine (other than being tired from my lack of sleep last night)...so maybe there is a gluten or wheat thing going on?

Closed Thread