It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 AM   #1
(male)

boro27 HB User
Unhappy Feeling a little lost....

I've never really used a message board before but i thought i'd put this message on to see what the general consensus for my feelings of feeling lost and slightly confused about life are...

I'm a 30 year old professional guy who seems to have lost his way in life. I have friends who i can turn to but they seem to be scattered all over the globe and the few that live in my local area - i dont have a lot in common with so this can leave me feeling lonely with no one to speak honsetly and openly to.

I have had several short term relationships within the last year but they never amount to much... Although i have faith that i will eventually meet someone who i click with the time i spend alone when other people are enjoying there "quality" time together just compounds things...

Like i say i am a professional guy who works as a engineer - but recently i have been working on short term contracts so i can never settle in one place. I would live to settle down and meet someone but having studied at university i want to develop my career first.

I know my problem pales into significance when reading some of the other messages posted on the boards but the overiding feeling of lonelyness really gets to me sometimes - i would really appreciate some feedback and your opinion on this matter.....

Thanks - and sorry for my shocking spelling!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
(female)

Calee HB User
Re: Feeling a little lost....

Actually, you are making the first step right now.

I'd suggest, in the old days, a pen-pal, we have e-pals, now. Try opening up a profile on face book or twitter.

I do, however, want to say just one thing. You seem to basically state that devlopment of your career is your number-one priority at this time, and, given your field of study and the expense it must have been, financially and mentally, I can't blame you. BUT...consider this: No one I know ever said, from their deathbed, "Gee, I really wish I'd spent more time at the office!!"

Last edited by Calee; 04-19-2010 at 05:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Feeling a little lost....

Problems are relative . . . but that does not make them any less significant when they are yours!

Volunteering in some activity that is of interest to you is a great way to generate good feelings and to increase the chances of meeting people with common interests for friendship or more. Involvement in a place of worship is also something many find helpful.

Closed Thread