It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

acpf HB User
Hi - introduction & question please

Hello, everyone. My name is Angie and I just found this site by accident actually, but would love to join. I'm 50 years old and live in Canada. I'm hoping that by spending time reading the boards, I can get/share advice for the migraine headaches I've had practically my whole life and also to stay healthy as I am an ovarian cancer survivor.

My first question is regarding my 14 year old son. While at school yesterday, he was leaning on his cheek with his hand for quite some time and all of a sudden he said "blood started pouring out". Both he and his teacher thought it was coming from his nose, but when he got to the office he realized it was his face. He came home once the bleeding stopped and there was a mark exactly like a hive or mosquito bite with a tiny red dot in the middle. He said this is where all the blood was coming from. Of course, he's insistent that he's not going to the doctor for this. Does anyone have any ideas about why this happened?

Old 04-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Hi - introduction & question please

acpf: I'm sorry to hear about your son. That's weird. I don't have a clue what it could be. Did he cut himself on something? Did he have a pimple?

As for your migraines, it's probably related to your hormones. It's a side effect of estrogen dominance. I have a cousin that told me she always got migraines right before her period and once she went through menopause they all stopped. Another friend of mind was recently put on Topomax, a seizure med, to help stop them. She said it's working for her but there are side effects with it like getting kidney stones.

Are you sensitive to chocolate? That could cause the migraines. There is a headache board on here and you could use the women's health board too.

Have your hormones checked to see if they might play a role in the headaches. I'm sure you'll get some responses and advice on this. More women get them than men too.
Search around the boards and you'll be surprised what you find. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
(female)

acpf HB User
Re: Hi - introduction & question please

92261: Thanks for responding - I figured it was nothing seriously wrong with my son but was quite curious as to what might have happened. He's a football linebacker, a hockey goalie & a baseball catcher so he has a new injury almost daily (lol) but this just seemed so weird that I thought I might find something online about it and found this site. I took your advice and have been looking around at the various boards and, although I haven't had time to post yet, there are quite a few I am interested in.

Regarding my headaches, both of my sisters get the type that you described before their periods. I've had mine since a small child and get them regularly. Also, I had a full hysterectomy as part of my cancer treatment. I'm luckier than some migraine sufferers though because I am able to manage mine.

Thanks again for your help.
Angie

Closed Thread