It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #1
(male)

Jbub HB User
Lump in neck below jaw, pain in tongue

The other day i had just finished eating a bannana and i started feeling a pain in the back/side of my tongue. the pain wasnt bad so i just figured i had some sort of sore around there even though after looking in the mirror i couldnt pin point the exact spot. within 24 hours i got this lump in my neck, below my right jaw on the same side as my tongue pain and if i start poking at it (yes i know) and hit it a certian way it triggers that sensation in my tongue. i just shrugged it off when i woke up today i noticed it got a little bigger and if i look in the mirror i can actually see where my neck is swollen in that area. so after being kind of freaked out i decided to become a google doctor and i cant really figure out if its one of my lymp nodes or my Submandibular gland (salivary gland). as far as i know my saliva and all that seems normal (mouth feels pretty damn wet as i type this out). throat feels fine, ears feel ok, tongue is not swollen its just that damn lump and that pain my tounge. maybe the lump is there for some other reason and is just hitting a nerve to my tongue ? i dunno but like i said i started feeling the sensation in my tongue before the lump even popped up. anyways, anyone might know whats up or had this problem before ? sorry for making it so long just trying to give as much info as i could!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #2
(female)

dnhwrd HB User
Re: Lump in neck below jaw, pain in tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbub View Post
The other day i had just finished eating a bannana and i started feeling a pain in the back/side of my tongue. the pain wasnt bad so i just figured i had some sort of sore around there even though after looking in the mirror i couldnt pin point the exact spot. within 24 hours i got this lump in my neck, below my right jaw on the same side as my tongue pain and if i start poking at it (yes i know) and hit it a certian way it triggers that sensation in my tongue. i just shrugged it off when i woke up today i noticed it got a little bigger and if i look in the mirror i can actually see where my neck is swollen in that area. so after being kind of freaked out i decided to become a google doctor and i cant really figure out if its one of my lymp nodes or my Submandibular gland (salivary gland). as far as i know my saliva and all that seems normal (mouth feels pretty damn wet as i type this out). throat feels fine, ears feel ok, tongue is not swollen its just that damn lump and that pain my tounge. maybe the lump is there for some other reason and is just hitting a nerve to my tongue ? i dunno but like i said i started feeling the sensation in my tongue before the lump even popped up. anyways, anyone might know whats up or had this problem before ? sorry for making it so long just trying to give as much info as i could!
Ever get any answers on your condition. Same thing has happened to me only now its going to the other side

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
(female)

AmberLynn1 HB User
Re: Lump in neck below jaw, pain in tongue

If you find out what this is please do inform me, I have the same thing that happens to me a lot. I was he snooping around to see if i could find out what the hell was going on with my neck that gets this huge knot on it, and when i push on it, i get this feeling of like tightness with that little thing that is under your tongue right between your tongue and the floor of my mouth.

Closed Thread