It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
(male)

DanSM HB User
Unhappy Complete intolerance to spicy food.

Heres the background: when I was around 15 I had a lot of stomach problems, my doctor diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome and gave me buscopan. With that and 6 months of very healthy eating I managed to get over it and while I never had the strongest stomach, I didnt have any more serious problems eating what ever I wanted (within reason).

Over the last few years I always enjoyed a lot of spicy food, nothing crazy but still.. but then I spent a few months living in a country whos food is pretty much all spicy, and during that time started to have problems which 1 year later I still have every time I eat even a mildly spicy dish. I thought I could wait it out, avoid spicy food and Id get better but like I said, 1 year and still no better. Is there anything I can do about this? I really love spicy food, and its not always possible to completely avoid but basically when ever I eat it, around 12 hours later I will start getting serious discomfort and need to run to the toilet.

Any help much appreciated!

Dan

Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
(female)

shipscook1 HB User
Re: Complete intolerance to spicy food.

Over the last few years I always enjoyed a lot of spicy food, nothing crazy but still.. but then I spent a few months living in a country whos food is pretty much all spicy, and during that time started to have problems which 1 year later I still have every time I eat even a mildly spicy dish. I thought I could wait it out, avoid spicy food and Id get better but like I said,

Not sure I understand?? You ate no spice and then moved to a diferent country??

I am thinking, what country?? Could it be one or so partiicular spices??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
(male)

DanSM HB User
Re: Complete intolerance to spicy food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipscook1 View Post
Over the last few years I always enjoyed a lot of spicy food, nothing crazy but still.. but then I spent a few months living in a country whos food is pretty much all spicy, and during that time started to have problems which 1 year later I still have every time I eat even a mildly spicy dish. I thought I could wait it out, avoid spicy food and Id get better but like I said,

Not sure I understand?? You ate no spice and then moved to a diferent country??

I am thinking, what country?? Could it be one or so partiicular spices??
nono, I've always eaten spicy food in moderation and had no problem but then I moved to Korea and ate spicy food everyday. That's when I started having problems. Now I'm living in a different country and not eating spicy food so often but am still have problems on the odd occasion that I do eat anyhing spicy. Also I feel that my body doest fully digest food as well as it should. Is there anything I can do to help or cure this problem? I will go to live in india later this year so really want to get over it before then.

Closed Thread