It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #1
(male)

sombodyelse HB User
Unhappy Worried about loose, bloody stool

Hi,

I am a 35 year old male, I have had a few instances of mucusy stool, and quite a few loose stools seem to come and go recently, yesterday I had a little blood on the toilet paper and on poking around I could see a bit in the stool also, but today I could see nothing NOTICABLE, of course without poking around in the stool itself you cannot be sure, my mother is a nurse and she seemed to think my stool today was a very normal stool.

Anyway, upto now, as I have been worrying about well, here is my symptoms..

- loose stools/mucusy (not everyday)

- some noticable blood on the paper 2 or 3 times over the last few weeks and onces a bit in the stool that I could see on poking about.

- Weight Loss (like 40lbs)

- some abdominal discomfort

- passing more gas

- occasional mild nausea

- A strange sensation a bit like I am walking around with a stool, or SOMETHING up my bum

- I have been eating less (due to anxiety) and GOING MORE (if that makes any sense)

- The odd sharp, knife like pain up my bum, also in my lower abdomen, I have had this for maybe 30 seconds or a minute for the last 2 days, kinda like I am passing a knife through my system or something.

- Weird sensation when I sit like a stool is being pushed up my bum.

- I also feel like I am holding something up my bum like a small weight, I am not squeezing but when I fully relax my clench muscles in my bum it kinda feels a bit like something will fall out.

- Something feels a bit odd when I am walking also a bit like something is up my bum.

- something just feels weird up my bum and I can notice it allot more when I am lying on my back.

I have had a bunch of blood tests, for prostate, anemia, bone etc, urine test, 2 gloved finger rectal exams, and a barium enema (which was very unpleasent) all of which found nothing, I have had some rectal/coccyx pain sitting, which I just assumed was due to sitting for hours and hours at my PC everyday, so I had an MRI which found a very normal coccyx/sacrum.

I saw the GI and he also did a gloved finger rectal exam and asked me allot of questions, he seemed very unimpressed by my symptoms and thinks there is nothing to worry about but said he was happy to do a colonoscopy if I wanted, to check for any inflamation etc to put my mind at rest, he said it sounds very much like all my worrying has caused allot of symptoms, he mentions IBS, or maybe even a very low grade colitis.

I have had terrible anxiety since I started worrying about all this a few weeks ago, I have lost allot of weight (which has made me worry even more) I have seen several doctors and I have really had to push and push for these tests because nobody (including the GI) seems very concerned, they all just seem to think my worrying so much is causing alot of problems.

Anybody have any ideas? I am worrying myself like you would not believe about rectal cancer or something like that.

I feel a bit like everybody around me is just assuming, here is one example, I have lost ALLOT of weight, 3 explanations for this..

1) I stopped going to the gym completely, including taking all my supplements, I started eating less and worrying a great deal, I have lost allot of strength and muscle (I train hard and heavy at the gym upto when I stoped going due to worrying several weeks ago)

2) something is very wrong.

3) a bit of both.

Everybody is just assuming it is number 1.

Last edited by sombodyelse; 07-13-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
(female)

baiely HB User
Lightbulb Re: Worried about loose, bloody stool

Need to see a GI Doctor.

Closed Thread