It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
(male)

zloppy HB User
Question Sweating For No Reason

I'll try to make this short, but I have had a problem with sweating a lot under my arms for the past year or two for no reason, and I am 18 right now. At first I thought it was mostly related to my anxiety, and I think it still is somewhat because when I am at home I am completely fine for the most part, but when I go to drive, or go out places, or even stuff as play a video game or guitar, it starts up, even if it is cold. I use antiperspirant and deodorant, but it never seems to work no matter how much I put. I have even tried the clinical protection stuff, and followed instructions exactly, and that still doesn't even work. I am tired of sweating under my arms so much, and it is only under my arms, no where else. I wash under them and clean them well, but I sweat still.

But here is the thing, I live in Houston, TX. and 3 weeks ago I went up north to South Dakota for a week. I have never been that far north before, and the first day in the car I sweated like usual, but then the second day starting in Kansas up to SD, I didn't sweat AT ALL. And during the whole week in South Dakota I didn't sweat ANY. I am thinking it might just be a humidity thing. So after the whole week in South Dakota we came back to Houston and I didn't sweat at all, and even for about a week after I didn't sweat, and it was nice. But then last week it slowly started up again, and now I am sweating just as bad or worse than before. and it's just under my arms, like even right now, for no reason I am sweating.

What's going on? I am tired of having to wear a hoodie in the middle of the summer in Houston sometimes just so the sweat doesn't show.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Sweating For No Reason

Go see a dermatologist or even your family GP and tell him what's wrong. There are prescription creams/sticks that you can use that will dry you up so you don't sweat so much.

My friend had a terrible case and she used 2 different ones until she found the one that didn't irritate her skin. Give it a try.

Last edited by ibake&pray; 08-11-2010 at 01:36 PM.

Closed Thread