It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
(male)

bklynboy HB User
cord under armpit

I am at wits end. I have been on a 5-week journey to try to resolve this. After a light workout at a gym (was doing rows and not sure if this is even related), i noticed the next morning, a cord sticking out of my armpit, sensitive to the touch. the pain traveled along the inside of my arm to my inside elbow over the next few days. went to my orthopedic guy who checked me out and said that there's nothing wrong with my tendons, bicep, tricep, ligaments,etc, and he sent me to a vascular surgeon because he wasn't thinking that it was a tendon - so must be a clotted vein. But the vascular surgeon said it doesn't look like a vein. i have taken three ultrasounds now over the past 5 weeks, all negative for deep vein clots. During this time, this "cord" has now bulged out past the elbow, down the forearm, and all the way to my wrist. It's as if this cord(vein or tendon?) has lost its elasticity. Starts to hurt like a stretched rubber band, preventing me from fulling extending. MRI was negative as well. the Dx by default is superficial vein phlebiitis but a second vascular guy yesterday still maintains that that thing sticking out of my armpit, elbow, etc, does not behave like a vein, and the ultrasound doesn't show it to be a vein,"but what else could it be?". So he prescribed 800 mg motrin.Very disconcerting to have this thing sticking out and affecting your movement, and no answers. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
(male)

tmjones HB User
Re: cord under armpit

OMG! I have the same exact problem. 3 ultrasounds by vascular surgeons and one one even prescribed Lovenox shots (blood thinner) which i tried for two days - total waste of time. Besides the 1000 mg of Naproxin and warm compresses is there anything else I can do? Will this eventually just go away?

Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I had something similar, but not exactly the same. I had extremely painful, red bulges. Left untreated they became worse, blistered and then became infected. I went to doctors, but, as usually, they were unable to diagnose anything but the obvious.

I eventually linked my frequent, painful underarm problems to the aluminum in my deodorant. I switched to a deoderant that did not contain aluminum and ever since both my underarm and myself have been a lot happier!

Regards, and good luck!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi just a few, I would not use the gymn anymore for workouts, I would walk instead with a brisk walk. I would not use the motrin since it has been known to cause severe stomach problems later with nausea, vomiting, pain and gastrointestinal problems to the point of perforation.

I would drink 6 and one quarter cups water for every 100 pounds of body weight. I might use pineapple, whole wheat bread and avocados in moderate amounts. Hope this helps

Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
(male)

tmjones HB User

Thanks for the advice. I've heard about the aluminum issue - crazy.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
(male)

tmjones HB User

Pineapple, whole wheat bread and avocados? Really?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi no promises of a cure but they are healthy foods and don't forget the body need for water.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #8
(male)

dunkonuhead HB User

bklynboy - Any resolution? I have the same situation. Was preceded by a lump under armpit (swollen lymph node?) that went away prior to constricted vein appearing. Have seen many posts on various forums describing the same symptoms dating back a decade, but no posts with resolutions.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
(male)

dunkonuhead HB User

tmjones - Any resolution? I have the same situation. Was preceded by a lump under armpit (swollen lymph node?) that went away prior to constricted vein appearing. Have seen many posts on various forums describing the same symptoms dating back a decade, but no posts with resolutions.

Closed Thread