It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

Crazylady80 HB User
Question Neck and Shoulder Pain, no idea what's wrong :( Please help!

Hi there everyone

I'd really appreciate you thoughts on my current health probs, as it's really starting to get me down

About 3 weeks ago I woke up with what I thought was just a crick in the back of my neck (on the right side) from sleeping in the wrong position. Through out the day it just got worse and that night I didn't sleep a wink as the pain was there no matter what position I layed in.

I went away on holiday a couple of days after that and the pain stayed on the right side of my neck but also spread into the top of my shoulder and ever since my arm/shoulder has just felt awkward and tight.

While I was away on holiday I also got random pain down my right arm which didn't stay for long periods but went from the top of my arm into my hand.

When I got back home the pain in my neck and shoulder shifted into the back of my neck on my left side (and seemed to practically go in my right side all together) and I had a huge amount of pain in the back of my neck, the top of my head and my forehead (all on the left side).

I also noticed tingling sensations in completely random parts of my body (ie my foot or arm or face) and they come and go quite a lot but never stay for long.

Since then the pain has been swapping from right to left but has never gone away and 4 days ago I woke up with a really painful sore throat (but only on my right side) along with shooting pains in my right ear (but this doesn't happen often). I also feel ill and have no energy at all.

I went to see my physio who said she thought it was a slipped disc, so I went to an Osteopath who said she thought it might be shingles (but I've never had chicken pox so can't have shingles!).

So no-one seems to be 100% certain if it's a slipped disc that's touching nerves or if I have some kind of infection. All I know is that it's been around for 3 weeks and it's not planning on shifting by the looks of things

I also have a lot of allergy problems, the worse being dust mites

Thanks so much for reading this far, your thoughts would be very much appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Neck and Shoulder Pain, no idea what's wrong :( Please help!

Sounds as if someone needs to do something like either a CT or MRI of your neck. A slipped disk at C4 can affect the muscles at the top of the shoulder and into the neck. Those muscle spasm and then they aggravate the nerves down the arm with tingling and pain and even numbness. The nerves at C3 go into the neck and around the ear. A slipped disk at either can cause inflammation that can affect both. And both can cause major headaches. I know. I had slipped disks at both C3 and C4(and C5, 6and 7).

Since it isn't going away, there is NOTHING that anyone should do until you get pictures of some kind...especially any kind of chiropractic care. You have arteries to the back of your brain going through the bones of the neck from C6 upward. A wrong move can cause a stroke.

Call your primary doc and demand an MRI(preferably) or CT. The MRI is 5 times the cost(here in the US)but it shows soft tissue injuries like disks that CT's don't show nearly as well and can tell you if your nerves are damaged and if so, how damaged.

Let me know how you make out.

hugs........Jenny

Old 10-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
(female)

Crazylady80 HB User

Hi Jenny!

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, your thoughts are very much appreciated

I'm due to see my doctor tomorrow so will update you with my progress!

Old 09-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
(female)

august4sure HB User

Sounds like a bad disc in your neck. I believe I would get another opinion from doctor about condition. Hope this helps. Also, try hot moist heat alternating to cool see if you get any relief until you see doctor.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
(female)

Angelinar HB User

Hi dude,

I think so you should try kasamrita syrup. It can be best for you.

Closed Thread