It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2001, 04:50 PM   #1

AyaSun HB User
Lump under my armpit

I have found a lump under my armpit last night while I was showering. It is round inside the skin and when I pinch it, it hurts a little bit. I asked my room mate and she told me it may be because the pill I am taking or ingrowing hair, but I never had those problems before. A change in my life style I know is that I started to run for about 3 miles a day about two weeks ago after a year break. The lump is only on my right armpit and that is the only one. I will go see a doc if this doesnt go away within 3 days but thought there might be someone who has a clue what this may be. Thanks for reading.

Old 03-06-2001, 04:57 PM   #2

sonomarosa HB User
Re: Lump under my armpit

Hi. You'd better see a doctor ASAP! Yes, it could be an ingrown hair, but it could also be a benign cyst or a tumor. Don't mess around with it, trying to figure it out. Have you had a mammogram recently? You aren't going to know unless you have it examined. Could be nothing, but I wouldn't want to make that assumption-I'd want it checked out. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2001, 07:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Absolutely! In case you need more encouragement . . . get it checked out!

Old 03-07-2001, 11:30 AM   #4
Inactive

cutenbrat HB User

Go get it checked out sweetie-just to make sure nothing is wrong-and if there is no we are here for ya.
God Bless.

Old 03-07-2001, 01:37 PM   #5

starr HB User

I agree get it checked out of course, but, just a thought:: Alot of times after I shave under my arms I will notice a pain a few days later. I will then look and it a little bump that hurts, then it goes away. Think its from shaving. Also, around my period, I notice little bumps that come, then disapear. So, don't panic yet, just watch it, usually things that hurt are superficial, just trying to be positive as we know 95% lumps are benign!Wendy Best wishes to you

Old 03-07-2001, 03:46 PM   #6

AyaSun HB User

Thank you for the replies. I am going to see the doc next Monday during the spring break, right now, I am stressed out because of all the mid-term rush till the end of this week. Also I agree with star, it may be hormonal thing, because I am on period now, sorry for grossing off some people..:-( But I really appreciate all the comment you guys posted for this message. Thanks!

Old 03-07-2001, 05:38 PM   #7

littlebit HB User

Hi

last summer i had 3 pea size lumps in my right armpit. I've had a lump removed from my breast before and it was benign but i had an aunt that died of breast cancer so i was scared. Everything turned out ok after watching them for a few months they went away. Just get in there and get it checked out.<p>[this message has been edited by littlebit (edited 03-07-2001).]

Old 03-18-2001, 05:26 PM   #8

Erika1 HB User

I get these too. I think they are infected sweat glands from using super-strength anti-perspirant. You mentioned that you were running a lot. This might be the reason--you are sweating more and the gland is getting backed-up. Try using less anti-perspirant when you jog. If it doesn't go away, or it increases in size --see a doc.

Old 03-29-2001, 11:52 AM   #9

Shel HB User

Don't know if you're still checking these or how your Dr's appt went, but my sister in-law had a lump in her armpit and her doctor said it was a Staph (sp?) infection. She said you need to change your razor with each use!!!!! She had to take antibiotics to get rid of it. Which she thought was strange because she had taken antibiotics for other things and it never went away. Hope all turned out well!

Closed Thread