It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2002, 02:26 AM   #1

Luk HB User
Grapefruit juice and liver.

I read and heard that grapefruit juice has some kind of an effect on liver. For example, some doctors supposedly tell their patients to, or not to, drink this juice when on certain medications. It seems that it inhibits the rate at which it breaks down medication. Supposedly grapefruits contain lots of glutathione.
Long time ago I also read on the net that someone cured himself from hep C by drinking lots of that stuff every day, as ridiculous as this sounds.

Does anybody have any info on how would grapefruit juice affect infected liver?

Old 03-27-2002, 08:59 AM   #2
Inactive

shyan HB Usershyan HB Usershyan HB Usershyan HB User
Re: Grapefruit juice and liver.

Anything natural is wonderful for healing your liver!I am so sad for alot of these people in this website for there lack of information .As hep carriers you need to have a strick diet,That means we cut out red meats,refined(processed foods)foods,dairy,Anything that says fortified on it(means man made vitamins,very bad for liver,vitamin A palmitate),etc.So anything organic,fruits,veg.,
orgainic juices,etc.can do nothing but improve your health .I,myself have changed my diet&decided against interferon treatment and have gone the alternative route .I feel great & I am healing at the same time WITHOUT side effects.Doctors are very knowledgable
about alot of things,well with prescrition medicine.They are not informative in detail about the diet we should be on or alternative.Please research & get books on Hepatitus & books on a the liver.It will help so much !It is so important for this knowledge so you can conquer this thing .Stay positive,Stay healthy & good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2002, 10:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User
Re: Grapefruit juice and liver.

Ther are many sites that recomment one diet or another.

The most important ways to protect your health are:

* avoid cigarette smoking: it can contribute to the progression of fibrosis. Secondhand smoke should be avoided as well.

*vaccination for hep A and B (one liver disease is enough, two can be fatal)

*Eating a healthy well balanced diet. There are no particular whole foods (including red meat) that negatively impact your liver. All things in moderation, of course.

*Moderate excercise can mitigate some of the symptoms of fatigue. Again moderation.

*Getting enough rest is imperative, too. This can affect not only your liver, but your entire immune system and your mental health.

*A good attitude and an emotional support system.

*Avoid chemical exposures, particularly industrial exposures. Let someone else pait or refinish the furniture.

I hope this helps,

thanbey

<p>[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 05-22-2002).]

Closed Thread