It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2001, 01:32 PM   #1

Linny669 HB User
swelling

i was just wondering if any one knows what would cause hand and feet swelling when the weather is warm or hot. my hands and feet swell badly in the summer. they did bllod work and said nothing was wrong. they even put me on a diuretic called lasik, and it did not help any avice would be wonderful because i'm misarable i can hardly wear shoes and cant wear any of my jewerly. thanks Lindsay

Old 04-23-2001, 10:15 PM   #2

Hamsmacker HB User
Re: swelling

What is your salt intake like? Salt has a tendancy to make people retain water thus causing a bloated feeling or in your case, swelling. You will want to limit the foods that are high in sodium, such as potato chips and salami. Also, sometimes when I have that problem of afternoon swelling, I drink a lot of water.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2001, 04:00 PM   #3

Linny669 HB User
Re: swelling

i really dont like salt but i will try to drink more water thanks for your reply

Closed Thread