It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 64
wildcat2000 HB User
Just got electrocuted...err shocked I guess

I was unplugging my TV from the wall (the tv was off) and I accidently touched the metal prongs while they were still half way in the socket.

It didn't hurt. All I left was a buzzing kinda tremble go through my fingers. It couldn't have been for more than a second as I quickly let go.

Should I be worried? I feel ok I guess, just shaken up cause its never happend to me before. Ive read a few other stories on google that sounded much worse.

My user manual for the tv says the power consumption is 47w. My outlet is grounded. I use one of those 6-plug outlets and it has red and green lights on it. Thanks for any thought.

 
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
sjb sjb is offline
Facilitator
(female)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gardner Ma USA
Posts: 3,386
sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Just got electrocuted...err shocked I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat2000 View Post
I was unplugging my TV from the wall (the tv was off) and I accidently touched the metal prongs while they were still half way in the socket.

It didn't hurt. All I left was a buzzing kinda tremble go through my fingers. It couldn't have been for more than a second as I quickly let go.

Should I be worried? I feel ok I guess, just shaken up cause its never happend to me before. Ive read a few other stories on google that sounded much worse.

My user manual for the tv says the power consumption is 47w. My outlet is grounded. I use one of those 6-plug outlets and it has red and green lights on it. Thanks for any thought.
I guess if there was any damage you would have a burn on your hand and it would probably hurt. If any damage occurred to the nervous system they say once damaged it can't be fixed. Chances are if it was really that bad you would not be able to write to us at all.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 928
Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
Re: Just got electrocuted...err shocked I guess

I did that when I was a kid. Tried to unplug my Strawberry Shortcake clock from the wall and accidentally touched the prongs while they were still sort of inside the socket and ZZZZZTTTTT! It freaked me out and the smell of ozone was very memorable.

Then another time (more recently) I was trying to play amateur electrician to replace a socket that wasn't working in my living room. Since I know nothing of how these things work, I didn't know you had to turn off the electricity before touching a screwdriver to the screws so, once again ZZZZZZTTTT!

And another time, I had to flip the lightswitch around because some stupid guys painted by bathroom and installed the lightswitch back upside down so it was all reversed. Didn't turn off the electricity and yet again ZZZZZTTT!

My point is that I did not suffer any ill effects from it except that I felt like an idiot those last 2 times. It would be totally different if you were exposed to high voltage and had a seizure or something, which you didn't. I'm sure you'll be just fine.


 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tivo123 For This Useful Post:
Benit (11-03-2010), wildcat2000 (11-14-2010)
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Not Shocked Anymore Now Just Mad/Angry Broken35 Herpes 31 07-31-2009 07:24 PM
I got electrocuted.. Darksoul General Health 2 07-24-2009 07:24 PM
Guess I am just looking for some advice, or understanding??? Delia79 Women's Health 5 11-18-2008 04:58 PM
Electromyography test just done....need some answers please TEdds83 Neuromuscular Diseases 1 06-12-2008 06:31 AM
neuro says im just nuts klstoneking Multiple Sclerosis 17 07-26-2007 08:02 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



ladybud (79), sjb (77), SnowBunny2020 (76), Titchou (70), JJ (53), janewhite1 (51), lenvegas (30), midwest1 (25), quincy (20), solofelix (19)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1009), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (760), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:33 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!