It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

thessler HB User
Question Dilute UA's

I get random UA's for work and have had problems with dilutes. I started doing them in the morning so they wouldn't be dilute anymore. Today I had a random and wasn't able to urinate. I had drank about 16 ounces of coffee after waking up. I drank 30 ounces of water and 30 minutes later was able to go. I had only urinated once before this, first thing after waking up. Is there a chance this will be dilute because of how much water I drank? I don't drink or do drugs so I'm not trying to hide anything.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Dilute UA's

exactly what do you mean by "i have had problems with dilutes"? since everything that ends up in our urine that are considered 'waste products" from things we eat and drink, i would think any 'dilution" issue would NOT be a real problem as far as detecting the 'needed things' in our urine UNLESS the sample was being diluted by water AT the time of the test? like someone adding water TO the UA sample while they were in the bathroom GIVING IT? the one thing I do know, SINCE I JUST HAVE A KIDNEY AND LIVER DISEASE IS THAT GEN4Rally(sorry hit the dang caps lock,again) before or by the time i am at my pain clinic and they need to actually 'do' my regular but random UA, and the mere fact that i just HAVE to keep my kidneys well flushed by drinking water like ALLL day long, i have never had what would be called anything like a dilution problem ever mentioned to me? and usually by the time i have my UAs, since i DO NOT 'do' mornigns well, they are all in the afternoon, i have consumed by that particular time, at LEAST either half or even more than a gallon of water? with no "dilution issues" told to me ever by my PM?

there just ARE alot of different things that can make up either a fals positive of false negativwe when it comes to certain'typae' of UAs given? it all tneds to have much more to do with what 'type' of actual UA testing they actually use on their people?

if you pop down to the pain management boards here and do a search JUST on UAs, you should be able to pop up allll the threads that have been written and questions asked ABOUT UAs and what just IS possible with them. they are NOT an exacting science, esp depending upon that type of test they use like i already mentioned? some are much more sensitive than others. but do ask in that pain forum RE what can impact UAS, since the majority of us who just are in PM, also have to submit to at least one yearly UA with some haveing certain things NOT show at all despite them actually taking thei meds as rxed or other odd things that can simply show too? but DO go down there for the best info on UAs. it will help YOU to understand them better and what YOU should be looking for too depending upon the particular "types' of tests used by the people giving them. it DOES matter much more than you would think. or simply post a question about how any UA can come out appearing 'diluted' repeatedly when you are NOT actually diluting them in any way shape or form DURING the actual test?

that PM board just really IS the place to ask this question since we all in PM have had some really insane experiences with our UAs too thessler. good luck and i hope someone can at least try and answer your dilution question for you. it just should NOT come up that way, esp when you cannot 'go' they actually have you drink more water too? that part would just NOT make any real sense to me anyways, ya know? good luck, FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread