It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

beili2 HB User
Unhappy Sick for 2 months

Hey everyone. I was wandering if anyone had any advice for me or has ever been through a similar situation. I'm just really almost to my breaking point, I'm so sick of being sick and I just don't know what to do anymore. I got sick a couple times earlier this year with a sinus infection, but was doing pretty well for the most part. Then 2 months ago I got sick right as school was starting back up. I missed a few classes because of it and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I also at the same time got MRSA and was put on one antibiotic for both. The MRSA went away but I still felt sick so they put me on another round of antibiotics. After that, my symptoms went away (headaches, sinus pressure, cough, etc.) but I still felt extremely tired and week all the time. I went back to the doctor and found that I had low vitamin D levels, I believe it was 18. I started taking a vitamin D supplement hoping it would increase my energy, but then a couple weeks later I got another cold. Since then it seems like I'll get better for a day or 2 and then the cold comes right back. It starts with sinus pressure, a bit of a soar throat, usually leads to a cough, headaches, sneezing, runny/stuffy nose. I've also felt nauseated most of the time and it seems I'm on the toilet a lot more for both peeing and bowel movements (sorry if it's tmi I just kinda want everything out there in case someone has an idea). But I think I've started feeling a bit better and then gotten sick again at least 3 or 4 times in the past 2 months, but I've only felt like my normal self probably a couple of days. Even then though, I have chronic headaches so feeling "normal" still includes at least a slight headache. I believe that my completely symptom free days these past 2 months have accumulated to about 1 day.

Another thing that may or may not be related. I got tested and diagnosed with ADD recently and started adderall for a bit (I am now trying concerta instead). But when I was on the adderall I was fine for the first 3 days, then 3 days in a row I had really strange symptoms. It's really difficult to explain but basically when I would go to bed I would get this rush in my body and then while I was lying there I could not feel my body. I was not numb though because I could move and still feel things, it just basically felt like my body was detached sort of. Along with that came pressure in my head and ringing in my ears (note that I do normally have ringing in my ears, but all of my doctors have brushed it off as nothing). The third night was the worst though because the pressure and ringing started out very slight but then increased soo much within about 15 minutes. I felt like I had the worst sinus infection ever and the ringing was so bad that I probably wouldn't have been able to hear much else. I really don't know how long this went on because I sat up through this and then don't remember laying back down and going to sleep. I went to the ER for this the next day but my vitals were fine and it didn't happen again so they sent me home and told me to see my neurologist. Well my neurologist said to me "What does any of this have to do with me? I'm a headache doctor." He checked my balance, told me it was probably increased anxiety from the adderall and sent me home. The thing I'm worried about though is that this has happened before on numerous occasions with no stress and no drugs in my system.

Anyway, even if that was stress, my biggest concern is why I've been getting sick so often. I am taking xyzal and veramyst for allergies. I take concerta now as I said, but I've only taken a couple pills so far. I have an inhaler for sports induced asthma and allergies. I do have really bad sinuses and had to get sinus surgery a few years back which seemed to work for a year and then my sinus issues started up again, but never this bad. I did just find mold in my room a few weeks ago but they've already came in and neutralized and repainted it. There is also a sump pump in my closet which was causing the mold and it was so old that when we looked in it the water was rainbow colored (so gross), but they came in and replaced that already too. I thought that was the issue for a bit but I'm still getting sick so now I don't know. I live in a furnished basement though and there's a wall and a sliding door separating me from the unfurnished side with the washer and dryer and water heater and stuff. They checked me for carbon monoxide poisoning at the ER but my levels were normal (2). I got blood work done a month and a half ago and besides my vitamin D levels being low everything else was normal.

I'm sorry for such a long post but I'm seriously going crazy and just want to find some sort of answer. I've been to the doctor so many times and I'm going to make an appointment with an ENT but I don't know when I'll be able to get in. Any ideas would really be helpful. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread