It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
(male)

swarley92 HB User
Neck and Shoulder Issues...

So for the past month or so I have been having some problems around my shoulder and neck area. All of the symptoms come and go from time to time. The shoulder issues I have pretty much ruled out. The pain comes after I work out using a bench press usually so I guess I have some damage done to my rotator cuff maybe?? I have cut back on the exercising to relive the pain. The pain is usually a dull ache more so than a pain.

The unexplained pain is in my neck area. I sometimes have a stiffness in my neck usually when there is pain in my shoulder at the same time. But sometimes there is a warm feeling in my ear canal. Not a pain or burning but just a warm feeling but I have experienced this long before the other neck pain. Another pain I had doesn`t seem to come anymore was I had a pain that happened when I pressed on the area where you would normally check your pulse in your neck. Also once right at the back of my neck my my neck seems to connect to my shoulder it seemed to really hurt after a workout but that was only once.

So what are causing these problems and how can I fix this as they are really annoying and I am kind of worried with any problems occuring in my neck??? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: Neck and Shoulder Issues...

swarley92,
ghee, this is a tough one... it can be multiple things going on.

You mentioned you lift weights?

How long have you been lifting weights?
What is your age?
How is the history of your health?
when was the last time you had a complete physical performed with lab work?
Do you have any history of arthritis?
any autoimmune problems?

I ask all these things because it can be related to multiple areas.

When I had my neck pain, it hurt to turn my neck while driving to see if oncoming traffic was coming and this pain occured suddenly out of the blue for me. I had no accident, I didn't perform any type of weight bearing exercise, etc....
This went on and off for months, then my shoulder started hurting, then my leg, then other areas of my body till I finally made an apptn. with my family dr.
I wound up having a vitamin D deficiency, found through a blood test.
I was given a high dose prescription of vitamin D for one month and then was retested.
I can not begin to tell you what a difference it made in my life just to fix the deficiency problem. I had NO idea that a lack of this vitamin in your system can cause a HOST of achy, yucky feeling symptoms.
I had other things going on as well though.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at the time, but I do think the fibro was related to having the extreme deficiency of the D.
so now I tell others I meet in life who have similar symptoms about getting their D levels ck'd and some have found to be deficient and so haven't..
I also have arthritis through out my spine and in my neck and shoulder and then had problems with muscle inflammations all through out my body too.
I'm JUST NOW beginning to find out after many years of going through multiple doctors visits, being told I have fibro, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis at a young age and having to take a D3 supplement for the rest of my days so my vit. D level doesn't keep going back down.

So it can be either defiency related, or you pulled a muscle or have inflammation due to something else going on in your body, etc.

the best thing to do is go to your family doctor and have them perform a full physical if you haven't had one in a while.

let us know how you make out and if you find out anything.
I'm very interested in finding out what your diagnosis is.

Hang in there. Sometimes it takes time before you get an answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread