It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

maniac21 HB User
Please help?? Any idea what is wrong??

Hi all, I hope you can help me. I'm a 30yr old woman and am so fed up of feeling horrible.

My history is as follows: Glandular fever as a very young child. Recurring ovarian cysts since a young age & pelvic inflammatory disease, which led to the removal of 1 fallopian tube & ovary during my teenage years. Have been feeling tired for years, where doc gave B12 injections every 3mths to give me a boost.

Had IVF with ICSI 2yrs ago, which failed, but have been feeling horrible since. The symptons I have are: frequent urination, breathlessness, panic attacks, feeling lightheaded at times, exhausted tired and lowered libido. After MRIs and blood tests, docs said I'm fine but perhaps depressed, so sent me to see a pyschiatrist.

The pysch didn't think I was depressed but rather burnt out, so prescribed the lightest form of Lexapro - 5mg. I had a horrible reaction to the meds - very fast heartbeat, tightness in chest, restless legs, grinding teeth and jawpain. Pysch said I am obviously very sensitive to stimulants and stopped same after 2wks. On looking at my food and drink intake, I cannot tolerate alcohol whatsoever, chocolate or tea.

As I'm updating this, my legs and arms are feeling very weak. Not sure if this will make any sense, but I feel like they are going to stop working at any minute. I had pins and needles in them last night and today they are very weak.

I hope some of you can shed light as to whats wrong with me. I've had to give up my day job due to this and where I'm from the health service is not the best. Thank you for reading this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Please help?? Any idea what is wrong??

What blood tests did you have? Did they check for anemia and/or hypothyroid? Have you ever been tested for Celiac?

Old 12-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
(female)

maniac21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieLeela View Post
What blood tests did you have? Did they check for anemia and/or hypothyroid? Have you ever been tested for Celiac?
I had an insulin tolerance test, which showed thyroid fine and also regular bloods for anaemia etc. I had scope down for celiac, but thats ok too. Its so frustrating the way I'm feeling. I was on the phone this evening and I started to get very stressed for no real reason and got a pain up my right arm. I'm wondering if its some sort of autoimmune disorder, but really don't want to go to doctor again, as I'm convinced he thinks I'm a hypochondriac. Thank you for your reply.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:16 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

You might also check the Chronic Fatigue (CFS) board here. CFS is not just about having fatigue. It is a debilitating and complex immune disorder that can affect many areas of functioning.

All the best,

Jen

Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 AM   #5
(female)

hartsdc HB User

I'm so sorry to hear about all of your feelings. Shortness of breath is bad enough! It sounds as if you need to see a neurologist. You may also want to talk to your doctor about getting on an anti-anxiety medication. I am sensitive to a lot of stimulants also, but once I got on Paxil my sensitivity lessoned. I also "calmed" and so did my body. Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
(female)

maniac21 HB User

Thank you Jen. I will post on that board and see if I get any feedback.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
(female)

maniac21 HB User

Thank you Hartsdc for your reply. Can i ask, why you think I need to see a neurologist? Do you think its due to anxiety? Or another symptom? I will definitely mention paxil to my GP. I definitely need something to make me calmer. Thank you.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
(female)

hartsdc HB User

anxiety can cause so many physical problems. When I went off of my Paxil I started to anxious again, small panic attack, etc. I would have a heaviness to my legs and arms and felt as though I couldn't stand or go up the stairs at times. That would freak me out and that would cause even more problems. Plus, some of the things you are describing sounds like it has a lot to do with your nervous system. I may be wrong, but it is worth checking out. You can also go to ***** and describe your symptoms.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #9
(female)

maniac21 HB User

Thank you so much hartsdc. I will mention same to my doctor and ask for a referral to a neurologist. I really haven't been myself for almost 2yrs now. I'm sleeping an extra 20hrs more than my husband each week, which is crazy. Thinking back all this happened when I had alot of stress in my life 2yrs ago. I remember sitting in work and all of a sudden not being able to breathe. Since then, I've tried to stay out of stressful situations and even quit my job. Thank you so much for your help. Now to try and get an appointment with my doctor before the christmas period.

Closed Thread