It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
(male)

JohnC1981 HB User
Strange symptoms after head CT

I'm not sure if these are related to my head CT, but since I've had it done (about 3 weeks ago), I've been experiencing moderate to severe dry mouth, dehydration, decreased appetite, nausea (sensation as if I'm about to gag, in my throat), and a feeling of fullness (and sometimes dull pain) in my abdomen. This is the only real thing that's happened in the past month that's "odd" - no nutritional, stress-level or other changes I can think of. I'm worried these symptoms might be indicative of nascent pancreatic cancer. It could be IBS, I suppose, but these symptoms arise irrespective of diet and stress, and they arose shortly after the CT.

Could these symptoms be attributed to the radiation and if so, what is the probability that that is the case?

Old 12-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Strange symptoms after head CT

were you by chance also given a contrasting agent that would have been given by IV? if so, did they actually check your creatinine levels(any bloodwork) BEFORE doing that test? you just 'could" possibly be having a reaction to that dye depending. it can hit the kidneys pretty hard, and some people even harder, esp if there just IS also an underlying possible kidney disease that has not yet even been Dxed either? this is the main reason they are always supposed to check the kidney functions, or certain indicators like the creatinine and potassium if i remember right?.

i would at the very least,since this IS a bunch of new and ongoing symptoms, contact your doc for an appt to get YOU checked out and also to have some blood labs done on your kidneys too. exactly where IS that abdominal pain located? did all the symptoms start up RIGHT after the CT or a few days later?

exactly what was the main reason for that CT to be even ordered done on your brain?? i most certainly would try as much as possible to drink much more water than you currently are, which they should have told you to do IF they DID use the contrast on you? it just helps to flush out that contrast much more quickly and also dilutes it more when starting right after the scan. but i really would see your doc about this, just to be safe here if nothing else. have you gotten any results back on your CT? was there any actual hard findings from it? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread