It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

fretz HB User
New to the site, but need help with symptoms

Hi, I'm 22 y/o. I have never had any health issues until now. I had my daughter in February 10' and after having her all of these things started happening.

The first thing I noticed was a full or inflamed feeling in my lower left and right abdomen. It was usually accompanied with soft stools that were pale and uncomfortable to pass. A few months go by and by September I'm having headaches almost daily with pressure and sharp inner ear pain, as well as a painful feeling in my neck. That went on for a month (headaches, ear pain, pressure) and then I started to have a tingling sensation in my left hand and spots of numbness in my legs, they weren't actually numb but it felt as if they were, very odd sensation.

The symptoms seem to interchange. I'll have digestive issues for a few weeks then it will turn into the headache, stiff back, pressure and ear pain, then back to digestive issues, but lately I've been having both. I've had abdominal x-ray, abdominal CT scan, blood tests which all come back fine. I saw my doctor a few days ago and she's scheduled me for an abdominal u/s, trans-vaginal u/s, lupus panel, white blood count and two other tests I can't recall the name of. I'm so afraid I might have ALS or somthing similar and my anxiety is really taking over my life. My doctor doesn't seem concerned and I feel like I might just have to get answers myself. Sorry if this isn't in the right place, I'm new and looking for answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: New to the site, but need help with symptoms

Hi It looks like the doctor is actually looking for what is wrong, using tests. If every doctor tested a bit more maybe less misdiagnosis would happen. Once the problem is found, and the cause then the cure. In the meantime I would do healthy things, that's the start of the cure if body is not continually trammeled by wrong habits. If something seems to make it worse I would stop or lessen that thing and only do something to tolerance. Have a nice day!

Last edited by sjb; 02-03-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: punctuation added

Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
(female)

elisaross HB User

Please consider having yourself tested for genetic, metabolic disorders. Sometimes a genetic illness can remain, for the most part, hidden until something like the birth of a child. Then symptoms begin showing.This happened in our family. My son was diagnosed with a rare acylcarnitine deficiency. But I had problems for decades before that. Good luck to you.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

No expert here, but it sure sounds like back problems might be causing some of the problems. I had no idea until my mom had a stroke how much of an impact ones spine can have on every part of the body.

Closed Thread