It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

merankorii HB User
Weird bump on leg...

I had this really disgusting looking bump on my leg... It was kind of big, pretty irritated looking, and had a really hard white head on it. I tried to pop it and it wouldn't pop. It didn't seem like a pimple. So I picked it off with tweezers instead, which was pretty painful and hard to do. It bled some and left kind of a big hole where the white head was. I put some peroxide on it, but now it's like... a crater.. a dark purple/black looking crater. It doesn't hurt or anything, but I'm confused as to what it is. I kind of want to go to the doctor but I've already been once this week and I don't want to go again unless it might actually be something bad. Any suggestions?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User
Re: Weird bump on leg...

The fact that you are describing the area of your skin as dark purple and black is worrisome. It may be because you injured the skin while you were poking at it with tweezers or it may be somethimg more serious. You ahould definately have it looked at by a dermatologist, but until you get an appointment i would suggest that you apply "bactroban" on it, it is an antibacterial ointment which can prevent you from getting infected. If you don't find that one you can always use "polysporin antibacterial ointment".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread