It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
(female)

isitjustme HB User
Exclamation I am not sure where to post this

Hi,

I know someone and have known the person for about a year now and something just isn't right with this person and if someone can give me some kind of clue that would be great.

This person sometimes you can talk to and they will tell you oh yeah I remember that movie and describes it in detail. Then about a week later you will talk to the person about the movie again and they act like they never seen the movie.

Sometimes when we talk to this person they are very nice and you can have a great conversation with the next day you can ask her how they are and they act like they don't even know you and they are different.

When I see this person's writing sometimes it is large bubbly pretty writing and then sometimes within minutes it can be small and perfect. It is like two different people are writing. Oh and when the person is in one type of writing they have a normal 7 then in the other form of writing they have the french 7 with the line through it.

This person was in a place for emotional problems when they were young and the stories we have heard about this person is weird.

Can someone explain to me what is about this person?

Thanks

I am not the only person that sees this

Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: I am not sure where to post this

I can give you 2 answers from my own experience. PTSD can cause some people to act this way as they may spend some time in dissociative states that make them appear as if they aren't all here and even act and write differently.

And under the heading of Dissociative Disorders, you have what used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder but now is known as Dissociative Identity Disorder. It too has many, many variations that can make it appear that you have a person with more than one personality but in reality, the person is just so "out of it" they appear to be totally different. True multiple personalities is very rare and is still speculative as to it's existence.

I suffered from severe PTSD from abuse and for years, would go into states where I didn't know where I was, usually thinking I was back in the same house where I was abused. And if I was back in my childhood, then anything that had happened recently, never happened at all in my mind. I was 5 and in another state....literally.

But even to this day, if triggered, I can go into a deep dissociative state where I may act as if I am someone else, trying desperately to get away from memories and feelings. In that state, I may appear as if I am someone else but I am in the here and now but very out of it.

Just be supportive, kind and don't push the matter. This person may just be trying to cope with some very bad stuff. And be very glad you aren't in her shoes. This is a very hard disorder to overcome and takes years and years of very hard work. And it comes from trauma...something done to her and nothing of her own doing.

I was abused within an inch of my life and my abusers never suffered a second of their lives yet I will suffer to my dying day. Not fair but reality.

gentle hugs to you and this friend....................Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread