It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
(male)

Floridian1990 HB User
Eye Pressure, Left Side Stomach Pain and Fever...Should i be Worried?

First of all, sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place.

Early Friday morning, i went to bed around 2AM, i was feeling tired, nothing out of the ordinary, i was expecting to fall asleep fairly quick, but i didn't fall asleep immediately like i thought i would, i spent the entire night waking up periodically...between 2AM and 10AM i must have woken up over a dozen times. I got out of bed in the morning and felt that the back of my eyes hurt whenever i looked to the far left/right or up/down, normal movement didn't hurt, but if for example i move my head very suddenly, it'll hurt. It's not a very intense pain like, but it's still not nice. I was also feeling a mild pain on the left (lower-left) side of my stomach when i breathe in deeply (normal breathing doesn't hurt) and it varies depending on my position, it's slightly more intense if i'm bent over (like when i brush my teeth) or when i'm laying back.

Yesterday night, i felt my face hot, hotter then it should normally be so i took my temperature and i was running a fever of 100.1, i took some Tylenol and after about 45mins - 1hr, the fever went away (i was at around 97.0) and the pains were alleviated a little bit. Afterwards, i also started sweating (though i was actually cold). I went to sleep at around 2AM early this morning and woke up a couple times, once i was extremely cold (though i'm told it was actually cold, so not that worried about this) but about an hour or so later, i woke up again, this time sweating. When i got up around noon, i noticed i had developed what i think are tiny boils on the face and head, exactly 4 in the face and around the same on the head). I went and ate some cereal to get something on my stomach and checked my temperature, it was around 97.something again, so i relaxed around for a little bit and went to take a shower and shaved, took my temperature again and had 99.6, fever again, so i just took some tylenol again.

If it were just the eyes, i'ld say it's time for new glasses..but the other symptoms just don't match.

Other then this, i'm feeling fine, maybe i'm not at tip-top shape, but i've certainly felt much worst before, especially a few weeks back when i came down with a cold. I haven't lost much appetite either, i'm not craving food all the time, but i still eat ever since the start of these symptoms, bowel movements are normal too and i've had no nausea or vomiting either.

A friend also suggested a pinched nerve...but i'm a bit skeptical about that.

Should i be worried? the symptoms aren't terribly serious, but i'am worried the cause could be

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Eye Pressure, Left Side Stomach Pain and Fever...Should i be Worried?

It could be just a bug. I once had a mild flu bug that made my eyes very sore, and it all cleared up in a few days by itself.

But one other possibility occurs to me:

Find a picture of shingles. See if that's what your "little boils" on your head and face look like. If it is, go to a doctor and get antiviral medications within the next few days to clear it up faster and prevent complications.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi a health professional could be seen to be sure. Has there been a sore throat?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
(male)

Floridian1990 HB User

Thanks for the replies, i was too worried to keep waiting around and went to the ER yesterday, i have Chicken Pox and from scratching i got some of the blisters (thats what i was told the rash was) infected with Cellulitis.

Now i'm on Antibiotics for the infection, the rest is to take medicine for the pains and fever and cope with the itch as best as i can.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi if antibiotics are being taken sweets should be avoided in my opinion to avoid any yeast. An oatmeal bath was used in childhood for itching. The lesions should not be scratched to avoid scarring they used to say in the past. Have a nice day!

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Floridian1990 (01-25-2011)
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
(male)

Floridian1990 HB User

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Hi you are welcome!

Closed Thread