It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
(male)

Confused Lane HB User
Exclamation Really Confused

Background Information
I am a 22 year old, white male. I've had a more infections since my problems started than I did in the 20 years of my life prior to the below problems happening (my first sinus infections, my first ear infections, and multiples of both). I live a life with a decent (not perfect) diet and a standard amount of exercise for any military member (Active Duty Air Force). I live around 6,000 ft above sea level. I have a history of considerable knee pain as well as chest pains which I feel where not diagnised correctly because they don't follow what the Cardiologist was telling me. A confirmed total of 17 different doctors have viewed my case and no one can figure it out.

Extensive family history of stroke (every grandparent I've ever had as well as my own father)
Numerous cases of various cancers throughout family (kidney being the only one I can identify at this time)

So, like everyone else, I'm really confused as to what's going on with me. Doctors (Physician, Cardiologist, Neurologist, Gastroenterologist, Otolaryngologist, etc) have done every type of test I can imagine. For a year and a half, I've had an extreme fatigue problem, four sleep studies (PSGs) and two Multiple Sleep Latency Tests later, we determined I have minor sleep apnea but none of the normal fixes have worked (CPAP, Dental Device, Surgery). For six months, I've been enjoying a fairly regular flip between diarrhea and constipation with a decent amount of blood in my stool for a month now. My biopsy results showed a picture of what looks to me like a white lump (the GI clinic wouldn't recognize the thing) but my biopsy results came up clean for the normal tissue they took. Since my original fatigue problems started, I've been enjoying a noticeable and frustrating lack of short and long term memory. For three weeks now, I've had an inch and a half wide, fairly circular lymph node to the left of my throat (it is now pushing on my throat and starting to hurt).

If you need any more information, please let me know. If you have a recommendation for what doctor I should see next, let me know. I have a Neurologist that will give me any referral I request with a decent reason.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User
Re: Really Confused

My first thoughts are food allergy with dairy being at the top.
Have you been tested for this?

Closed Thread