It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
(male)

zmogas HB User
Swollen lymph nodes for over a year, 19 year old.

Hi everybody. I posted a thread in cancer forum, and then I thought, that it might be a wrong section, as I'm looking for other diseases, not if I have leukemia or lymphoma. That will rule out, if there is no other diseases...
Sorry for the... double post, but I'll copy everything in here:

Quote:
I've had swollen lymph nodes for over an year. I thought, that it might be because I had dandruff and liked scratching my head, an infection, as they are supposed to not be swollen in a few months. Of course I had the cancer thought too.
Now I'm concerned and worried, since it can't be explained by anything I know of (read) except lymphoma. Here is some other symptoms, that might be related, so some websites tell:
I'm not so hungry, as I was before. (might be because I have less food to eat, so my body got used to eat less)
My head is dizzy occasionally, as I posted somewhere else.
My nose is almost always running. Not much, just a little bit wet, I have to clean it or sneeze to get the... dead cells (not sure, how to say what you sneeze out of your nose, sorry) out of your nose. During the summer it's rare, that I have to sneeze though.
I feel weak, but I don't do much sports either.
I have no fever.
I'm lack of energy sometimes. I'm also not very happy, so it may be because of that.
I have no joint pain.
I am clumsy sometimes.
My brain feels not working as good, as it's been working before. Sometimes it's alright, I figure things out in a matter of a second, other times - I can think for a few minutes, what I found out other time in 5-10 seconds. That might be psychological though.
My wounds doesn't heal quick. At least the red blood doesn't drop from the skin in less than ~2 weeks. It heals up, so it won't bleed in a few hours and heals up tighter in a few days, maybe 3-5. Not sure, if that's bad.

Recent symptoms are only the glands and the dizziness. Recent - over a year.

So basically, the question is this (as all other symptoms can be explained by what I know, which could be wrong though): What could cause all lymph nodes to be swollen for over an year except lymphoma? Genetic, infection, virus, anything that could cause that for that long period of time. (I bet viruses or infections would've killed me a few times in that time)

You shouldn't suggest going to a doctor, as it costs a lot in this country and the machinery is soviet union times still, so it's not a very good idea. I'm not rich too, as you probably noticed from the food cause.

Some other might relevant information: my mother has join pain (she was diagnosed for arthritis).
Always has runny nose, probably same as me (she might have some sexual disease, because she had been with some men, could because by weak immune system).
She has headaches.
She is clumsy sometimes.
She is disoriented sometimes.
She is weak, as I notice.
She is taking anti depressants, and most of these symptoms can be caused by clinical depression, I think.

Thanks and sorry for a long post, I just wanted to put everything in.
P.S. if you have any questions - just ask, I'll answer anything.
Sorry again for the double post, it's just more chances to get an answer to the specific question here.

Last edited by zmogas; 02-04-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User
Re: Swollen lymph nodes for over a year, 19 year old.

I know I sound like a broken record, but have you considered that you might have a food allergy, or possibly a black mold problem?
My daughter suffered from milk and wheat allergies for years and it caused her lymph nodes to be swollen and for her to feel very tired, cloudy headed, depressed and cold.
I also have a friend who is suffering from having black mold in his house and he is soooo sick.
Just a thought.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
(male)

zmogas HB User

I doubt, that I have a food allergy, because I haven't changed my eating habits, except less food because of less money.

As for the mold problem... Well, we have mold on our walls, near the floor. It's wet air around here, it could be the problem. We had the mold for years though, from the time we came to this house, so my mom for around 50 years and I for 19 years. I doubt, that my lymph nodes only swell after 17 years of mold exposure.
We can't identify the mold, because it costs a lot, so I'll describe, maybe it will help somebody, as it might be relevant:
we are living in a concrete house, not wooden house. Air is very wet here. You can leave a cookie over night and it'll be soft in the morning. Of course reasonable softness, but still. The mold forms around the floor on the walls, where it's the wettest places. It can be cleaned with sulfur acid or some other cleaner like this. Mom used to clean it occasionally, when I was a kid. But not all of it, and not fully, so it was just a partial cleanups.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:34 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

Food allergies can develop at any time in your life, so consider this.
Also, just because you've always had mold, doesn't mean you can't suddenly develop black mold, the deadly kind.
How do you feel when you have been away from your home for any length of time?
Most people I've know who are having black mold issues will start to feel better once away from the source. If I were you, I would really consider the mold issue you are having in your home. How are other family members feeling?

Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #5
(male)

zmogas HB User

Well, I don't go out much, so I can tell you that. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I'm not interested in pointless conversations, which means I share no interest with most of the people around me.
I go to school though, but I don't feel well in there, but that's because everybody's shouting and I'm bored.

As for my other family members - I live with my mom in the same room, other room - grandparents. The other room doesn't have any mold, it's dry in there.
As for my mom - I wrote how she feels, stated her symptoms. I might not know something, as she doesn't like to talk about her health.
She had an insult (not sure, if that's the word in English) maybe 2 or 3 years ago. She was disoriented after that, had problems with her blood vessels, used medication to get better. She still uses the medication, as far, as I know.
She went to doctors and they couldn't tell what's wrong with her too, my opinion is that she didn't go to good ones though, because most of them can't diagnose anything besides bronchitis and flu around here. If you want a good diagnose and care, you have to pay tons of money, which we don't have.

Don't know, if this is relevant, as it started after I've been for 2-3 hours in a smoke full room, but I started to spit something. You make that sound, and you spit something. Don't know, how it's called in English, sorry about that, but smokers spits, so it's the same thing, I think. That started 2-3 years ago, the next day after the room filled with smoke thing.

Last edited by zmogas; 02-05-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:40 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Is there no way you can change your room? Sleep outdoors? Maybe bleach on the walls? Why is your room so wet, while the others are not? I really think the environment in your room might be causing your illness. What country are you in?

Old 02-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #7
(male)

zmogas HB User

I'm in Lithuania.
We have only 2 rooms in here. Our room is in northwest corner, so it's wet here, not much sun. The other room is on southeast, which makes it hot in there. Even during the summer, the temperature differences can be about 5 Celsius.
The climate is also cold and wet here. Summers are hot and dry sometimes, or wet and hot.

As for sleeping at friend's, most of my friends are younger or my age, which means they are living with their parents.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

I can understand now how this would be a problem for you. I think then, as a test, if I were you, I'd start scrubbing walls with bleach water and airing out your room as much as possible. Maybe a fan venting the air out? It would be the airborn spore that is causing the problem. If you begin to feel any better, this should tell you whether or not you are on the right track. Also, do your best to improve your immune system by not consuming junk food or sugar.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
(male)

zmogas HB User

I'll try to do this. Maybe during the summer it will be easier. It's -10 outside now, +15 inside. I will try to clean the walls though.

Thanks.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

You're welcome. Come back and let us know how you're doing. Good Luck

Closed Thread