It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

tyson1982 HB User
Bloated, Anemic, Heavy Periods, Frequent Urination

Sorry if this is too long...I am 28 years old, no stds, anemic with very heavy and pro-longed periods with blood clotting. I also experience some blood in my stool once in awhile for as long as I can remember.

A week before December 17th, I experienced unbearable shooting pains in my abdomen for several hours. I have no children, but I guess it could be described as labor pains from what I do understand.

December 17th, a week later, I started experiencing a constant urge to urinate. I was literally going to the bathroom every 20 mins and awaking at night several times. Every time I voided, it was either a full-medium amount. No pain, but what felt like a tingling sensation and pressure on the right side of my bladder. I went to the Dr. who did a urine culture and ruled me out for a bladder infection but still put me on cipro. I was also informed I was pre-diabetic and my urine was very concentrated. I cut sugar out of my diet almost completely. One week after taking cipro, and immediately after having my period (on the 27th of Dec) the urge to urinate was gone. Diet is controlled...

I felt fine until ovulation time in Jan, where I noticed I was urinating more for about 2 days (about every 2-3 hours, compared to the 5-6 when I felt fine). Freq. Urination Stopped after what I thought was ovulation, then I was fine again.

Now, this month (ovulation time) again the symptoms of frequent urination came back. I concluded to myself that it was because I was ovulating and it was the cause of my problems or that maybe was urine was too acidic and affecting my bladder, so I drank a bottle of water in one hour. After drinking the bottle of water, I urinated a total of 4 times in one hour, all full amounts.

However, now it is about 10 days before my period is due and I am experiencing gas, frequent urination and what looks like more ovulation discharge (white). I am extremely bloated. Ever since I can remember, I have had heavy periods which contribute to my anemia. It seems like when I am menstrating, the frequent urination subsides, although I have very heavy cramping at the beginning and uncontrollable bleeding.

I considered IC, but there really is no pain and I can control my urge to urinate, but it is more frequent than usual. The bladder pressure and frequent urge to urinate is my main complaint.

UTIs and Bladder infections were ruled out...just many white blood cells and the presence of either more leukites ir nitrates (cant remember which one).

I am going to the Dr. again soon but not sure what tests I should ask for. I am almost convinced this has something to do with my cycle. Any input would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User
Re: Bloated, Anemic, Heavy Periods, Frequent Urination

My first thought is endometriosis. Have you looked into this?

Old 02-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

tyson1982 HB User

Honestly, this was one of my first thoughts. I wanted to see what others would mention. That, and uterine fibroids. I am not sure if this is related, but I had a miscarriage four years ago. I was told I had a tilted uterus and also that is was common for women to have a miscarriage the first pregnancy. I have also been fatigue for what seems like years, but doctors continue to give me high doses of iron and vitamin D. At times, my jeans will not fit because of the bloating. What also concerns me, is how often I urinate and the output. Could this be the pressure?

Old 02-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

There is a lot of swelling that can happen and I do believe that this could be causing the bladder problem. It just makes sense. I had endometriosis and unable to take the pain I opted for a hysterectomy. I later found out that it could have been treated without surgery, but don't remember how. I have also read that getting pregnant would have stopped it.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny2020 View Post
There is a lot of swelling that can happen and I do believe that this could be causing the bladder problem. It just makes sense. I had endometriosis and unable to take the pain I opted for a hysterectomy. I later found out that it could have been treated without surgery, but don't remember how. I have also read that getting pregnant would have stopped it.
Not necessarily.
My sister in law had two kids by the time she was 21.
At 21 or 22, she had a hysterectomy for endometriosis, which had gotten so bad she couldn't function, let alone keep up with two small children.
In her case, I'm almost sure having kids made it worse.
I think her endometriosis might've gotten that bad eventually even if she hadn't had them, but possibly not so soon.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Kali, you could be right. That's just what I heard way back when.

Closed Thread