It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
(male)

brendon19 HB User
Exclamation pain down the left side of my body?

Hi im brendon and im 19, today is the week mark of having pain down from my left side of my head to my shoulder, arm, left side of chest, left ribs and back, and leg most of the time stopping at the knee. first thing i thought was heart attack but thought to myself im too young. after my arm hurting for hours i decided to go to the er. they said my heart was fine but i shouldnt be having this pain, so after x-rays of my arm, chest, spine and neck, and a few blood tests nothing. and there was 2 doctors seeing me, the first one i saw said it wasent a pinched nerve, because when i would lay down the pain would almost disapear, then i saw a second doctor. he said he thought it was a pinched nerve and to go back to the er the next day when he was in. as i waited the doctors talked and the next thing i know im getting a ct scan of my head. after that turned up nothing than my first doctor came in said everything they tested was normal, gave me another week of light duty at work and pain meds. then told me to come back before the week ends to see if i need more time light duty. i dont want light duty i want awnsers. does anyone know what i have or who i could see to find out, im usually very healthy other than my appendix being removed and very light athsma nothing.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
(male)

HiPeople HB User
Re: pain down the left side of my body?

Hi, How is the left side of your body doing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
(male)

brendon19 HB User

pretty bad still, 2 weeks now. i also get very fatiuged really fast. walking up to my room is a chore.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

The fatigue is coming from the pain. I really think you have a pinched nerve and the doctors aren't see it, which happens. Heck, my doctor nor the Xray tech couldn't even see my bulging disc. Have you considered a chiropractor?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
(male)

brendon19 HB User

also my arm and leg tingle, almost like the nerves are vibrating. im on some pain killers that seem to take some of the pain away but at the moment, the pain is focusing on both my shoulder blades and foreamrs. my leg is what bothers me though, it has given out twice now. only for a split second but causeing me to lose balance and fall.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #6
(male)

ShortLaker HB User

If the problem is from the left side of your head all the way down to your leg, I don't think it could be a pinched nerve. Have they done a brain MRI yet?

Also could you explain the leg giving out in more detail?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
(male)

brendon19 HB User

no they havent. when my leg gave out it felt like the muscles just let go for a split second. thats the best way to describe it, and the doctors were pretty sure its not a pinched nerve.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
(female)

eks614 HB User

Hey Brendon, ...I was on google trying to find an answer to this same exact question!! For the past nearly 2 months I've had the same problems you're describing and ONLY down my left side! my left shoulder and left side of my neck are achy and my left knee throbs pretty often and I seem to notice chills go down my left leg but not down my right..my left upper arm right below my shoulder feels like someone punched it and basically like a dead arm. Also have off moments where I feel like I lose my balance a bit.. I'm 19 as well about to be 20 and I have no idea what any of this is it was pretty random and was wondering if you found anything out?

I do have a doctor appt set up in a few days hopefully I can get some answers then and I will try to let you know what I find out but if you have any info it would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by moderator2; 07-17-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Closed Thread