It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Lump in thigh, under skin

I've noticed a small (b.b. sized) lump in the "fatty" part of my thigh- inner thigh, about halfway between the groin and the knee.
At first I thought the lump was on my skin- an ingrown hair or something- but it seems to be under the skin.
It's firm but not rock-hard, and seems to be slightly movable.
It's not painful or tender.
It's not visible; I can just feel it with my fingers when I press.

I've been looking up my symptoms, and it seems likely that this is a lipoma, although I've never had one before.

I also read that in rare cases cancer can present this way, but I'm not terribly concerned, because from what I read that's very rare, and lipomas are much more common.

I wonder if anyone else has ever had one of these, if they saw a doctor about it, and whether it eventually went away on its own, or got bigger, or what.
I'm wondering if I should go to the doctor, just to rule out serious causes, or if I should just take a watch and wait approach.

Any advice appreciated.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Lump in thigh, under skin

With any growth's I would error on the side of caution, let your doctor diagnose it and let him choose a follow up plan, which will likely be to watch and wait. If there is some action needed, it would be much better to have it done soon, while it is at this small size.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
Re: Lump in thigh, under skin

I also looked up lipoma and it sort of fits your discription but I'd have it checked out to make sure it isn't anything to worry about. It might be a cyst as well, as I get them all the time and all over the place. Most are above the skin, but I have had a couple below as well, and yes, many had to be removed.

Catch it while it's small and not painful...Good luck...JJ....

Closed Thread