HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   General Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/)
-   -   What's going on with me? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/general-health/838725-whats-going-me.html)

livin4life 03-05-2011 05:51 PM

What's going on with me?

About 5 years ago, I had to go to the emergency room for dehydration. One of the symptoms I had was that my feet felt like I had "pads" on the soles; I felt "numb" (best way I can describe the sensation) from the waist down, and my hands felt the same. After treatment at the hospital, I felt better but the "numbness," although far less-severe, is still in my feet and hands. My grip in my hands feels weaker. In addition, my energy is low; not motivated to do physical activity. I feel generally weak in my legs and arms and at times, the "numbness" in my extremities will feel more severe. For instance, the other day there was a "tingling" sensation (again, the best I can describe it) throughout my entire body. When I urinated, that sensation felt even more intense. Yesterday, I felt depleted from the symptoms described. I had also been laying around all day, which probably didn't help. Since the dehydration bout, I've had equilibrium issues.

Maybe a year or so later, I was diagnosed with pancreatitis, which was successfully treated.

I'm wondering what's causing the weakness/"numb" sensations/equilibrium problems I continue to experience? What could be going on with me? I'm sick & tired of being sick and tired! Do any of my symptoms sound like they're connected to a particular malady? :confused:

SnowBunny2020 03-05-2011 06:46 PM

Re: What's going on with me?

How's the dehydration issue? Are you staying really hydrated? Has your thyroid been checked lately? How are you sleeping?

livin4life 03-06-2011 12:43 PM

I probably don't do as well as I could with the hydration. A couple of weeks ago, I came down with "something" and lost some weight. Did the "pinch test" (to check for dehydration); the test and my dry lips said I needed more water.

Haven't had a thyroid check. Have no medical insurance, so I don't do Dr. visits.

I tend to fall asleep okay, but I don't seem to need much sleep. Can't say I wake up feeling I need more. But depression had me laying around a lot; I think inactivity is a contributing factor. Thankfully, I'm not in the depressed state anymore, but some of the habits from that state remain (inactivity, not getting out).

Thanks for your response!

SnowBunny2020 03-06-2011 06:47 PM

I too have problems staying hydrated and experience some of the symptoms you describe when I am dry. For some reason I don't seem to absorb water well and have found that eating wet fruits and veggies is good for me. I also found that eating sugar and junk food will actually cause me to become depressed. I think a good raw food diet at least once a week, would be good for you.

AuntieLeela 03-06-2011 07:06 PM

Sounds like B12 deficency. Fatigue, pins and needles, muscle weakness, depression, dizziness . . . hypothyroid can cause those symptoms too, with dry skin and cold intolerance to boot.

Thyroid and B12 tests are fairly cheap, thyroid $30 to $50 and B12 around $35. Get them at a clinic tho, the "at-home" tests are worthless.

sjb 03-07-2011 12:02 PM

Hi has an MRI of the spine or brain been done?