It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

livin4life HB User
What's going on with me?

About 5 years ago, I had to go to the emergency room for dehydration. One of the symptoms I had was that my feet felt like I had "pads" on the soles; I felt "numb" (best way I can describe the sensation) from the waist down, and my hands felt the same. After treatment at the hospital, I felt better but the "numbness," although far less-severe, is still in my feet and hands. My grip in my hands feels weaker. In addition, my energy is low; not motivated to do physical activity. I feel generally weak in my legs and arms and at times, the "numbness" in my extremities will feel more severe. For instance, the other day there was a "tingling" sensation (again, the best I can describe it) throughout my entire body. When I urinated, that sensation felt even more intense. Yesterday, I felt depleted from the symptoms described. I had also been laying around all day, which probably didn't help. Since the dehydration bout, I've had equilibrium issues.

Maybe a year or so later, I was diagnosed with pancreatitis, which was successfully treated.

I'm wondering what's causing the weakness/"numb" sensations/equilibrium problems I continue to experience? What could be going on with me? I'm sick & tired of being sick and tired! Do any of my symptoms sound like they're connected to a particular malady?

Old 03-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User
Re: What's going on with me?

How's the dehydration issue? Are you staying really hydrated? Has your thyroid been checked lately? How are you sleeping?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
(female)

livin4life HB User

I probably don't do as well as I could with the hydration. A couple of weeks ago, I came down with "something" and lost some weight. Did the "pinch test" (to check for dehydration); the test and my dry lips said I needed more water.

Haven't had a thyroid check. Have no medical insurance, so I don't do Dr. visits.

I tend to fall asleep okay, but I don't seem to need much sleep. Can't say I wake up feeling I need more. But depression had me laying around a lot; I think inactivity is a contributing factor. Thankfully, I'm not in the depressed state anymore, but some of the habits from that state remain (inactivity, not getting out).

Thanks for your response!

Last edited by livin4life; 03-06-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

I too have problems staying hydrated and experience some of the symptoms you describe when I am dry. For some reason I don't seem to absorb water well and have found that eating wet fruits and veggies is good for me. I also found that eating sugar and junk food will actually cause me to become depressed. I think a good raw food diet at least once a week, would be good for you.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User

Sounds like B12 deficency. Fatigue, pins and needles, muscle weakness, depression, dizziness . . . hypothyroid can cause those symptoms too, with dry skin and cold intolerance to boot.

Thyroid and B12 tests are fairly cheap, thyroid $30 to $50 and B12 around $35. Get them at a clinic tho, the "at-home" tests are worthless.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi has an MRI of the spine or brain been done?

Closed Thread