It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
(male)

ujelly HB User
Series of unfortunate events...help

Hello people,

I'm gonna jump straight into my situation so I apologise for not having a great introduction.

6 days ago, I went to the doctors as I had a mild throat infection etc. He gave me antibiotics and I was to take 4 a day.

3 days went on and I started getting better etc. But when I am sick I don't really have an appetite.

On the 3rd and 4th day, I am not even joking, this is all I ate.

- 1x Noodles
- 1x Packet of Chips
- 500ml water
- 350ml Sprite

Yesterday, I woke up shaking and looked like I was have a fit or something. I couldn't stand up and was taken quickly to the doctors. The doctor freaked out and said take him to the hospital etc. The hospital is over 5hrs away, so we called a friend who just said give him water for 1hr and see what happens. After having around 300ml water, my shaking stopped. So we thought it was extreme dehydration + the antibiotics were so strong etc.

For past 48hrs, all i have had is water, soup, salad, fruit etc. I feel normal now but theres a problem.

I am now constipated. And its making me feel so nauseous. Mum even purposely put a bit of oil in my salad etc but no luck.

What is happening

Old 03-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Series of unfortunate events...help

It sounds like you're simply ill with a bacterial infection (or perhaps a virus, the flu or something, in which case the antibiotics are not going to help).

It's not uncommon to have little appetite when you're ill.
The amount you're eating sounds okay to me, although you should increase your fluid intake, drink more water and juice and less soda.

The "fit" you were having, as long as it stopped on its own, was probably nothing, maybe the result of a fever due to your illness. I get very weak, cold, and trembly when I have a fever, even a slight one.
The fact that it ceased on its own indicates to me that it was probably nothing to worry about.

Your constipation is probably due to your antibiotics, your lack of fluid intake, your inactivity due to being ill, and your decreased food intake.
Once you start eating and drinking normally again, it should clear up.

If you really feel like something serious is wrong, though, don't hesitate to go back to the doctor!
Good luck.

Last edited by Kali333; 03-12-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

It sounds like you caught the flu, became dehydrated and then because of it became constipated. The antibiotics could be what is making you sick to your stomach. Be sure and take some probiotics after you're finished with them.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

ujelly,

I can relate to your story very well, as I have just come off of a period of time where I have been suffering that started with a sore throat as well. Mine had quickly turned from the sore throat into a double ear infection. I went through a 5 day regimen of antibiotics that did not clear the ear infection, so I started round two, using a different anti-biotic for a 1o day course. I felt horrible the entire time. All the time I had been suffering from side effects of the medication!

I had practically stopped peeing, was constipated, felt nauseous, lost my appetite and felt horrible. Once I stopped the antibiotics.

I have many serious illnesses that require me to take a combination of meds that make a total of 155 per week. I have never experienced such a reaction to any medication. Once the anti-biotics were over with, I became my old self again.

My guess is that you will feel better very soon. Of course, if you do not, go back to the doctor.

Closed Thread