It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
(male)

Marconis HB User
Strange thing happening with my mouth.

I work at a car wash on the weekends, 10 hour shift Saturday and sometimes a 9 hour shift if I don't have too much homework. I barely eat all day when I'm there, if at all. I just drink water or a soda...a lot of times it's actually too busy to stop for lunch. Right when I get home, I usually eat a big meal since I'm starving. Something always makes me eat extremely slowly, though, as opposed to gulfing the food down like a pig.

Whenever I eat after work, my soft pallet gets this stinging feeling that worsens after each bite. This stinging is accompanied by pain behind the eyes, cheek bone pain and a little bit of aching teeth. It really is the strangest thing. It only goes away if I eat very very slowly. My mother thinks I am somehow getting a strange allergic reaction to one of the chemicals at work, but I don't know. This weekend I worked 19 hours, and when I ate a doughnut and had coffee this morning, I also had to stop due to pain.

It's a day later, and I am eating a bagel right now and it still hurts. It should subside later in the day until the weekend again when I work.

What the **** is this? This ONLY happens when I work/after I work.

Last edited by Marconis; 03-14-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User
Re: Strange thing happening with my mouth.

Are you getting into chemicals at work? I would stop with the soda and only drink bottled water while at work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
(male)

Marconis HB User

I do interiors. I only spray a windex mixture. Sometimes, though, we use this gas stuff that is really rough on the eyes when you use it.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

There could very well be something in the shop that is bothering you. Maybe it is annoying your sinuses and when you eat it acts up? Even though you think your use to it, your body wants you away from it. Do you wear one of those cloth masks when your working?

I have a hard time being around bleach, always did. When I wash my floor or even put some in laundry I have to be careful not to get too close as the fumes aggravate me and I seem to smell and taste bleach for hrs. after, even though I keep a window open. Seeing it happens only after you have worked, I'd try to narrow it down to something you handle or inhale.

Good luck...JJ...

Old 03-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
(male)

Marconis HB User

We don't wear masks. I'd look like a fool if I did while nobody else did. I am going to have to agree with my mother and you folks as well. I suppose I am allergic to something there...must be sinus related since the pain in my cheeks, teeth and eyes is the equivalent of heavy sinus pressure.

Closed Thread