It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
(female)

taelifay HB User
Exclamation Could my symptoms mean something more? Please help!

Good morning!
I first off would like to say I hope this is the right forum! I've spent a few weeks now researching and asking around and I'm down to my last straw. I hope someone here can help!

I suffer from insomnia. As in, I can't fall asleep, can't stay asleep, don't get tired insomnia. However, I bought some Hyland's Calms Forte Sleep Aid from CVS, and if I take the dose recommended for people with insomnia, which is three tablets, I sleep just fine, but always for close to or more than twelve hours. I started taking this about two weeks ago, and I don't take it every night. Normally, just two or three days a week.

For the past month, I have gotten severe migraines. I can't open my eyes, I can't do anything but sit and mope hoping things will get better. I take two Tylenol when it is really bad but it only dims down the pain. The pain itself is centralized behind my forehead, and it also drifts behind my left eye. A 9 on a 1-10 pain scale.

About five days ago I began to get this strange arm pain on my upper arm. If my arm is laying on the side of my body, it's in the center of my upper arm on the part that shows away from my body. Always the same spot, and it is a nagging, constant pain. Anywhere from a 4 to 5 on a 1-10 pain scale.

The day before this arm pain I began to get severe lower back and upper back pain. Paralyzing cry all night back pain which throbbed when I sneezed or coughed or blew my nose. Laying on my stomach helped relieve a bit if the pressure.

A week ago my vision began to get strange. I have really bad eye sight as it is, and my vision range to see things clearly is about five inches from my face, and about eight inches if I am squinting. But I DO wear glasses. However, with my glasses on AND off, my vision would get blurry, or I wouldn't be able to process what I was seeing, or it would be all mixed up and swirled. This happens maybe once or twice a day. This was about the time I began to get really dizzy at random times. Not just when I would stand up or move quickly.

The migraines happen at random times, but a lot during the afternoon and nighttime hours. My weird eye sight happens during the day at random times, and I get dizzy at strange times night OR day. The back pain happens mainly at night time after 5pm and into the morning, and the arm pain happens pretty much constantly.

Also for the longest time (meaning probably three months or more) I have just been very nauseous. Not all day, and not at all times of the day. I don't really eat anything except fruits and grains because that's all I feel like eating. And even then it is not a lot. The most I eat with actual substance is when my fiance, Jorge, brings home some sort of fast food (McDonald's, pizza, Chinese food) and even then it's only one meal, and a small meal at that. I drink a lot of flavored waters and Crystal Lite (For some reason regular tap water and bottled water make me vomit). I have checked often, and I am not pregnant.

I'm not one to self diagnose, but I do try to pay attention to what is happening to my body. So for this case, here is a little history:

Diabetes, heart disease, fibromyalgia, and arthritis/rheumatoid arthritis run in my family. People in my family have also had strokes and have had cancer. Also, bad joints and tendons, teeth with no enamel, infertility or the inability to get pregnant, and slipped discs.

I just want to know what's going on. I refuse to go to the hospital because that would mean calling an ambulance and they will not let my fiance come in it with me. Also, I have no family or friends who can drive me to the hospital or drive him home for work OR drive me home from the hospital. This is why I am using it as a last resort. I'm just tired or writhing in pain...

Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. I'm sorry for such a long post. I just wanted everything out there at once.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Could my symptoms mean something more? Please help!

You really need to get this lot sorted out. Your symptoms are worsening and increasing, and that is a big worry. Can you and your Fiance spring for a cab to get you to the doctor's? Please make the effort, your health is more important than a bit of money or inconvenience. Best wishes, Sera

The following user gives a hug of support to Seraph:
taelifay (03-15-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
taelifay (03-15-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 02:58 AM   #3
(female)

taelifay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
You really need to get this lot sorted out. Your symptoms are worsening and increasing, and that is a big worry. Can you and your Fiance spring for a cab to get you to the doctor's? Please make the effort, your health is more important than a bit of money or inconvenience. Best wishes, Sera
We are living pay check to pay check as it is, and then next time we will have any sort of money, even for food, will be Friday. There is a doctors office within walking distance, maybe ten minutes, but until Friday I won't have money for a copay and I certainly can't afford any testing they might want to do!

I know my health is most important... I'm just hoping someone can give a little insight so I can tell the doctor what's up or with I might think is up... If I had the money right now, I'd go in three hours when they place opens. But last week we actually had to borrow fifty dollars just to pay bills, there's just so little money and so many necessities that can't be bought... I'm at my wits end!

Mind you I've been up all night and he just left for work and I'm crying in hysterics...

Thank you for responding though!

The following user gives a hug of support to taelifay:
SnowBunny2020 (03-15-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

Okay, I see that you're in a bad spot with your health right now and can't get medical help, so you're only other option is to heal yourself, which I firmly believe can be done.
I don't know what your diet is like, but believe this is your only avenue out right now.
Get serious with it! For the next few days go on a totally raw foods diet. Well, at least as raw as you can get. Celery, cucumber, carrot sticks, apples, anything. If you can't tolerate it raw, steam it. NO FAST FOOD! Pure water only!!!! NO FLAVORED WATERS! NO COFFEE, NO SODAS!!!!
Keep a food log and carefully note how you are feeling throughout the day.
Get as much exercise as you can, if only walking back and forth throughout your house.
This is not easy, I know, but this is the only thing I can think that might help.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Quote:
Diabetes, heart disease, fibromyalgia, and arthritis/rheumatoid arthritis run in my family. People in my family have also had strokes and have had cancer. Also, bad joints and tendons, teeth with no enamel, infertility or the inability to get pregnant, and slipped discs.
Ok, is this what you have? You definately need some kind of medical attention and even though it is hard money wise, there has to be some sort of clinic or something near you..I hope! Sometimes these places will treat you and let you pay when able.

As far as the food, definately stay away from the fast food and soda stuff, man that is the worst stuff you can eat. Obviously I'm not a Dr. so can't really say what is wrong, therefore as I said, somehow you need to see a pro. as you can't go on like this and worrying is only making it worse.

Try to think of someone close, like a friendly neighbor or family member who may be able to help in some way, at least with transportation to a Dr.

Wishing you tons of luck, please keep us posted....JJ....

Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
(female)

taelifay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Ok, is this what you have? You definately need some kind of medical attention and even though it is hard money wise, there has to be some sort of clinic or something near you..I hope! Sometimes these places will treat you and let you pay when able.

As far as the food, definately stay away from the fast food and soda stuff, man that is the worst stuff you can eat. Obviously I'm not a Dr. so can't really say what is wrong, therefore as I said, somehow you need to see a pro. as you can't go on like this and worrying is only making it worse.

Try to think of someone close, like a friendly neighbor or family member who may be able to help in some way, at least with transportation to a Dr.

Wishing you tons of luck, please keep us posted....JJ....
No, that's not what I have. That's the history of my family, i know some things are genetic and all that jazz. I'd hope if I had that that it wouldv'e started when I lived with my family and I would have health attention. However, since I know a lot of the symptoms for that I'm sure I would be able to catch it.

And believe me. Fast food is not good for you at all. But I was just listing that as like the only non-water based food I was eating.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

You need to be seen seen by a doctor..Something is not right.. Emergency rooms can not deny seeing and treating you if you can not pay they have to treat you. Some how go to your locall ER...They will bill you worry about the bill later your life and health is the most important thing right now good luck..
Did the head aches and other problems start after you took the Hyland's Calms Forte Sleep Aid I would stop taking that untill you see a doctor that might be causing some of the problem.. Try taking melatonin to help you sleep

Last edited by gardenandcats; 03-15-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Closed Thread